Does anyone know where I can get ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know where I can get ....

Does anyone know where I can get a looking nut socket ?
    Just noticed the new surf has locking nuts the type that
    looks like a reverse torx fitting.
    There is no socket in the car and I phoned the guy and he said he never had one :-(
    I think these must be pretty universal ?
    I will try and get a photo tomorrow
    Cheers
    Kev
    [center] [/center]

Unless you know the make of these locking wheel nuts & the code you may have difficulty getting a new socket.

Because when you buy them you get the code/serial number on a card with the manufacturers details to enable you to re-order.

On some locking wheel nuts that I have sold (BMW & Land Rover) ones they have the code letter stamped on the edge(very small) which may be a start.

You might find that you will have to force them off & get a new set.

Comment

Thanks for the info mate
      [center] [/center]

Comment

May be worthwhile popping into a local factors to see if they stock the
        same type of nut/socket set. (This is the colour Karma demon kicking you
        in the nads for getting a light blue one. It's almost as bad as silver).

And I'm resisting mentioning the hairdresser bit. (Bugger, I just did).
        Last edited by MattF; 3 December 2006, 21:41.

Comment

LOL on the colour,I must admit not my first choice but the price was right
          I am going to have another good route about tomorrow under the seats ect just in case.
          Other wise it looks like a break them off job
          I`ll pop down and see my mate who is a tyre fitter he might be able to help me out.
          [center] [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Conker
            LOL on the colour,I must admit not my first choice but the price was right
            I am going to have another good route about tomorrow under the seats ect just in case.
            Other wise it looks like a break them off job
            I`ll pop down and see my mate who is a tyre fitter he might be able to help me out.
            I know this is a swear word but halfrauds do a special socket for removing locking wheelnuts, but it will f uck them up.
            Or maybe hitting them with your curling tongs may help lol
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
              I know this is a swear word but halfrauds do a special socket for removing locking wheelnuts, but it will f uck them up.
              Or maybe hitting them with your curling tongs may help lol

That's a thought. Couldn't you use one of those universal sockets, the type
              that have all those little metal pins in them which are supposed to shape
              themselves to the nut? They generally use them when a nut has been
              rounded off.

Comment

Thanks for input guys i`ll just have to suck it and see or sell it before I need
                new tyres
                To be honest if it comes to a new set of locking nuts I can live with that.
                Last time I had this problem tyre fitter mate had a socket to fit them.
                As he always does my tyres I had best see him before I butcher them.

As for the curling tongs comment I`ll have you know they went out years ago it is all straightners these days and they just don`t perform the same .
                [center] [/center]

Comment

Just found this, this was my last surf. -
                  [center] [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    May be worthwhile popping into a local factors to see if they stock the
                    same type of nut/socket set. (This is the colour Karma demon kicking you
                    in the nads for getting a light blue one. It's almost as bad as silver).

And I'm resisting mentioning the hairdresser bit. (Bugger, I just did).
                    JEALOUS thats all it is
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X