i'm wonky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm wonky

looked at the back of the truck the other day and though it looked like it was sitting higher one side than the other - got out today to finally measure it and from top of rim to wheel arch one side is 13" the other side only 12 !!, had some 20% milners springs fitted approx 2 months ago, is it possible one is broke ? the front measurements are both 13 inches
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Originally posted by Bunkle
    looked at the back of the truck the other day and though it looked like it was sitting higher one side than the other - got out today to finally measure it and from top of rim to wheel arch one side is 13" the other side only 12 !!, had some 20% milners springs fitted approx 2 months ago, is it possible one is broke ? the front measurements are both 13 inches
    Have you got a full tank of fuel and is it o/s/r that is lower
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

been waiting on purpose to measure on an empty tank as it's drivers side which is low
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

that is the same as what happened to my +2" from explorer.Give explorer their dues they sent out 2 replacement springs after sendind out a wrong one
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

mine are just supposed to be stronger as opposed to lift ones -
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Springs are often not quite the same, they are rarely perfectly the same after bedding in, try treaking the torsion bar a little on opposite side to level it out.

Did you notice if the springs where handed, some makes have a O/S and N/S.

If they are broken you'll see a loose/closed coil quite easily.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i didn't notice if they were handed i must admit - if it;s the drivers side rear which is sitting low which torsion bar do i need to adjust - are yu sayng front passenger ?
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

The uprated Milner's springs aren't handed. They're both the same length.

With the torsion bars, adjust passenger side down or drivers side up.

Comment

bu**er, that rules that out then - any other theories, is it worth me talking to milners or am i just being picky ?
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    The uprated Milner's springs aren't handed. They're both the same length.
                    His ain't.

Bunkle, are you sure the ground is perfectly flat, you'll never get a true measurement otherwise.

Comment

i hope so otherwisei 'm being a complte tw*t - yeah i'm sure grnd is even, could it be my original shocks ?
                      Bunkle
                      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

i hope so otherwisei 'm being a complte tw*t - yeah i'm sure grnd is even, could it be my original shocks ?
                        Might just have had some fat git in Japan who's put a bit of droop on the
                        drivers side torsion bar.

Comment

or the current fat english owner !! can the front torsion bars really effect the rear height this much then
                          Bunkle
                          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

If they arn't leaking probably not, but its hard to tell.

More likely to be a weak torsion bar on the front (or maybe not adjusted perfectly the same) or a soft rear coil.

Also check they are both seated properly, if the bottom ring isn't in its slot on the axle mount then it will do the same thing.

Comment

or the current fat english owner !! can the front torsion bars really effect the rear height this much then
                              It's like when you fit a freezer/fridge/washing machine. How much wobble do
                              you get if just one corner is misadjusted?

Comment

Working...
                              X