Speedo broken - legality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo broken - legality?

Since I rewired the stereo and changed the battery my speedo/odometer have not been working. They then worked for a mile or two occasionally and have now packed in completely.

I can't find any faults (see recent posts in electrical/tech thread).

Is it illegal to drive without a working speedo/odometer? I can judge my speed fairly well from the revs most of the time.

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan

i may be wrong here but i thought the speedo had a cable running from the g/gox to the speedo drive.i know mine has.it could be that its just popped out of the clip at the back of the speedo.check the cable from the g/box to the speedo head.its in two parts.theres an extension piece from the g/box to somewhere near the handbrake cable underneath.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

No cable, it has a an electronic pulse sensor
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Hello mate,
        I'm afraid that it is illegal not to have a working speedo and I'm in the same boat as you as mine has just packed up as well!
        I'm actually waiting for a new cluster to arrive myself, they sent me mechanical one and like you, I need a electronic one.

sorry

Sticks

Comment

how much did you pay Sticks? And where did you get it from?
          Dan

Comment

Hello mate, sorry about not getting back to you sooner.
            I ordered it through findapart.com from a place called "parts for you" (or "parts4u" probably") for £35 + 8.50 p&p, I'll get you the phone number when mine turns up and I'll let you know all about it.

Sticks

Comment

Working...
            X