I broke my dads ssrx 2.4td, k reg, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my dads ssrx 2.4td, k reg, please help

hi im new and don't know anything bout surfs other than the fact that ive just blown my dad's up. According to the garage the engine is "goosed" due to no oil. i only had the thing for a week so didnt bother to check oil , then with no warning forward motion ceased . Took it to aformentioned garage , same result aplies.

so it is now up to me to sort the thing out. Its totally sound apart from knacked engine, he spent a fortune on it and it was running fine until the dark hand of the sods law smacked me round the chops.

so basically what do i do ;

source new engine , get it fitted , give back to dad.

sell with buggered engine and put money towards a replacement.

If the common consensus is to replace , does anyone have an 2.4 engine i can buy , can anyone recommend someone to fit it , or idealy can some one give me an all in price to supply and fit and engine ? (im in carlisle , cumbria by the way) CASH WAITING

Please help , i havent a $$$$$$ clue what to do. all round condition of car is good, no rust etc, the engine actually starts and i drove it home from the garage on 3 cylinders though,

you can pm me on mathewblpalmer@hotmail.com or call on 07917008666

if you want.

mathew.

Could just be the head gone, what did the garage say was wrong? just to say that the engine is goosed is not a clear diagnosis
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Doh!

get a proper opinion M8; get someone to tell you the problem, not a vague wishy washy 'oooh, its bad' type answer.
      One of the other oop nurth surfers here might be able to recommend a reliable garage to you.
      Once you know the problem, questions here will be answered pronto by knowledgeable folk (not me) who are dead nice too.

Biggest problem we face is a blown head (not gasket, actual head) which is ASAIK easy to diagnose and costaa about £800 + fitting (+vat?)

hope it turns out OK.
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

How did it lose all the oil? If your dad kept it in good working order, a week
        of the oil not being checked would require a serious leak.

When you say it just stopped. Is that stopped as in came to a grinding halt,
        or died and slowed to a stop? Any bad noises as it did so?

Comment

Well, you're looking at around (guessing) £2k for an engine to be fitted and the motor will be worth about £2k afterwards. So, probably not worth fixing if the engine's knackered. It does all sound a bit weird though, a properly maintained engine just letting go. You weren't trying to go fast were you? They really don't like that . Give Stevo a call:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html

I believe he can arrange a transporter to take it down there, he'll you what's wrong with it and, if it can be fixed, he'll fix it better than your local garage.

Good luck.

Comment

what an ideal time to do a v8 conversion.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              what an ideal time to do a v8 conversion.
              Anybody happened to tell you you're becoming a bit obsessed with V8's?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Anybody happened to tell you you're becoming a bit obsessed with V8's?
                a bit like vince with his rad cap then eh.v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8 v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8 v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8v8 v8v8
                Last edited by surfenstein; 29 November 2006, 20:47.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

the oil must have gone somewhere... if it was low anyway, you would have noticed some noise.

if you drove it on 3 cylinders then there surely is some oil in there???

get a second oppinion on it...

trouble is, you don't wanna spent money on someone stripping it apart, just to say it needs a new engine!!

usually you can get a good idea what it is by sound, oil, etc...
                  e.g. bottom end noise, top end noise, oil from gasket etc.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                    a bit like vince with his rad cap then eh.
                    Comfy chair time again.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your bad news but STEVO is the SURF OWNERS SUPER HERO up north he is based in STOCKPORT he can arrange transport for the Surf if need be, His no is 0161-476-6144
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                      X