Having The Surf Laid Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having The Surf Laid Up

When i have my op after xmas i will have to have the surf parked up for a few months.What i would like to know is there anything i should do before its parked in the garage and left for anything upto 5-6 months.Thanks
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    When i have my op after xmas i will have to have the surf parked up for a few months.What i would like to know is there anything i should do before its parked in the garage and left for anything upto 5-6 months.Thanks
    get it covered in MUD will stop the paint fading and it from rusting
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
      get it covered in MUD will stop the paint fading and it from rusting
      i might just do that at the Salisbury meet between xmas and n/year if i'm up to it.....

Comment

Lock it.

Comment

Tell us where the KEYS are!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Keep half a tank of diesel in it, start it up every two or three days and let it idle for 15 mins to keep everything lubricated.
            Operate the air-con now and again, and don't leave the handbrake on as it will stick on, just put the trans in P.
            If you can, drive it (if not let the missus drive it, under strict supervision of course!) to stop the tyres flat spotting and to keep the rust off the brake discs.
            If it can't be driven, put the truck up on axle stands to get the wheels off the ground. (good for security too!)
            Keep the batteries trickle charged if you're unable, (or don't trust the missus to) start it.

Comment

Wont do it any good being left alone for so long mate it'll pine for the great outdoors. So if you want I'll look after it till your better

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Keep half a tank of diesel in it, start it up every two or three days and let it idle for 15 mins to keep everything lubricated.
                Operate the air-con now and again, and don't leave the handbrake on as it will stick on, just put the trans in P.
                If you can, drive it (if not let the missus drive it, under strict supervision of course!) to stop the tyres flat spotting and to keep the rust off the brake discs.
                If it can't be driven, put the truck up on axle stands to get the wheels off the ground. (good for security too!)
                Keep the batteries trickle charged if you're unable, (or don't trust the missus to) start it.
                Thanks Vince for the info and to you others for offering to look after it for me but i think it will get home sick being away for so long.
                the only thing i'm worried about is the mrs getting the surf in and out of the garage...i can see a good brewing if she hits it....

Comment

Don't forget to disconnect the batteries if they are being trickle charged.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    Thanks Vince for the info and to you others for offering to look after it for me but i think it will get home sick being away for so long.
                    the only thing i'm worried about is the mrs getting the surf in and out of the garage...i can see a good brewing if she hits it....
                    Dont let her drive it then.. or make her push it out of the garage,better still hide it round my place...

Da clan sumo say "Good luck with the op and get well soon."
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                    X