I am stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am stupid

Ok, so Mrs B has been moaning about all the mud on our driveway falling off the bottom of my surf so this morning at 5.30 in total darkness on the way to work i go to a Ford to "wash" the bottom, i was just a little bit worried half way through when my headlights were actually illuminating the water in front of me from UNDERNEATH - i obviously kept going with fingers tightly crossed as it got deeper and deeper eventually to the water reaching my windscreen over the bonnet - i made it through, thanked god i had a diesel (a hilux one at that) and let the steam dissapear from all around me and carried on - fun, but not recommended in the dark
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Originally posted by Bunkle
    Ok, so Mrs B has been moaning about all the mud on our driveway falling off the bottom of my surf so this morning at 5.30 in total darkness on the way to work i go to a Ford to "wash" the bottom, i was just a little bit worried half way through when my headlights were actually illuminating the water in front of me from UNDERNEATH - i obviously kept going with fingers tightly crossed as it got deeper and deeper eventually to the water reaching my windscreen over the bonnet - i made it through, thanked god i had a diesel (a hilux one at that) and let the steam dissapear from all around me and carried on - fun, but not recommended in the dark

If you haven't got a snorkel fitted, You should check inside your air filter box for water. You don't want it get into the turbo/engine.

Safe wading depth without a snorkel is just below the headlights, unless you're moving fast enough to create a bow wave to push the water away from the front of the truck.

Comment

Quick, where is the ford that deep...

Yes I do have a snorkel, and an urgent need to 'wash' my bottom...

Comment

there's one near me... it's "wheel deep" in summer... "window deep" in winter...

either side, it drops off to about 10ft deep... and really fast flowing!

there was an Espace washed away last year!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I had a bit of fun a while back in Bourton-on-the-water... and managed to splash about twnety tourists who were standing a little too close... its just off the high street, and I managed to drop into a ditch...

Spent the rest of the day laughing...

Comment

No fords (the water type) around here, too many bluddie hills!

Comment

Thanks for the advice bushwhacker - the ford in question is on a byway about a quarter of a mile from where i work so i havn't driven it too far - i'll give it the once over at lunchtime, another thing to add to the ever growing list, i think snorkel is item number 27,
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                there's one near me... it's "wheel deep" in summer... "window deep" in winter...

Directions please Matt - I have an urge to scare the crepe out of the Mrs !!!!!!!

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                  and an urgent need to 'wash' my bottom...
                  Wouldn't a bidet suffice?
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...00&coordsys=gb

checked out the wetroads website??

www.wetroads.co.uk
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Went through my local ford at speed on Saturday night - water, water everywhere!
                      Scroll down to Eynsford

Surf rewarded me by setting it's alarm off at 0530 the following morning - bonnet sensor, probably due to getting a soaking...
                      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                        I had a bit of fun a while back in Bourton-on-the-water... and managed to splash about twnety tourists who were standing a little too close... its just off the high street, and I managed to drop into a ditch...

Spent the rest of the day laughing...
                        Bourton- a favourite ford of mine, always guaranteed a few onlookers!

We were pulling cars out of the river Leam at Offchurch on Saturday. It was flooded- but nowhere nearly as bad as this (Easter 1998). You can just see the back of a Mazda poking out the water....
                        Last edited by laser_jock@work; 28 November 2006, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

We always got that way when heading to Thatcham, its been a bit lame all summer, but is probably good now.

Last time I was parked up there in the 4Runner letting the dogs swim around I had to tow a Renault van out and up to the main road after he tried to go to fast through it!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                          X