Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi from Canada (Calgary)! It was -39 here today, I walked two blocks today and nearly turned into an ice block without ears as I'm sure they froze off. I don't think it's possible to comprehend this type of cold unless you are actually in it. Lots of 4Runners here but they are all white!!!!!!! Looked on some local sites for Surf/4Runner parts and a snow plough seems to be the one of choice right now!!!!
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

We've just got lots of rain and wind here .........
    .............................. ................Must stop eating sprouts
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
      Hi from Canada (Calgary)! It was -39 here today, I walked two blocks today and nearly turned into an ice block without ears as I'm sure they froze off. I don't think it's possible to comprehend this type of cold unless you are actually in it. Lots of 4Runners here but they are all white!!!!!!! Looked on some local sites for Surf/4Runner parts and a snow plough seems to be the one of choice right now!!!!

No need for an intercooler rhere then.

Nice in Calgary In June. I did the Calgary to Vancouver Rocky mountain drive some time ago in a Chevvy Blazer.

Bet its even colder in Banff and Jasper up the road in dem dere hills..
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

The US seems to have an unfair share of 'proper weather'. Here's some photos of a 4Runner in 'proper snow' Mammoth, CA, USA.

That much snow fell overnight! Here in the UK it would be a national disaster....

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
          The US seems to have an unfair share of 'proper weather'. Here's some photos of a 4Runner in 'proper snow' Mammoth, CA, USA.

That much snow fell overnight! Here in the UK it would be a national disaster....
          That's one of the things I really dislike about this country, a complete lack of proper weather. I want my Summers hot enough to fry an egg on the pavement, and my Winters cold enough (and snowy enough) to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

erm... move to somewhere that's not a small island?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              erm... move to somewhere that's not a small island?
              Wish I could, but unfortunately it's not likely to be possible for many years. I am a single parent, and as such to move abroad I'd have to get the permission of my ex to take our daughter out of the country, and that is not likely to happen.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                Wish I could, but unfortunately it's not likely to be possible for many years. I am a single parent, and as such to move abroad I'd have to get the permission of my ex to take our daughter out of the country, and that is not likely to happen.
                Similar situation to me. I was offered work with BAE Systems Lexington (just north of Boston) but having a 12 year old son who lives with my ex put me off. Dont think I could just abandon him like that.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie

My mates missus has took his son to spain with her new guy. He didn't give permission, but she did it anyway. There wasn't anything he could do about it.

Comment

I can't wait to get into Canada. I've now got three firms that look interesting. Have to fill out the application forms sometime this week.

Comment

You definitely going then, suitable job arising?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        My mates missus has took his son to spain with her new guy. He didn't give permission, but she did it anyway. There wasn't anything he could do about it.
                        It all depends on specific circumstances. There is an unfortunate major mis-balance in UK law with respect to parental rights. Un-married fathers have next to no legal rights with regards to their children, they have to go to court to have their parental rights asserted. Luckily for me, I was married to Amelias mother when she was born (not anymore thankfully), so I do have legal parental rights, and my custodial rights were laid down in the divorce proceedings. You did not say if your mate was married to the mother of his son. If not, then unfortunately he would have to go through a whole bunch of messy, and none too certain legal wranglings to assert his parental rights, and then attempt to have those legal rights extended to Spain - a country we have no extradition treaty with which just makes it all the harder. In cases where the parents were married, or where parental rights have been legally asserted, then if one parent takes the child out of the country without the permission of the other, then that is considered to be child abduction. The law may be able to assist, but usually they won't bother unless the other parent returns to the UK. I don't want to be a criminal, so I'd have to do it legally, which I doubt would happen.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                        X