Which video camera???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which video camera???????

Been looking at gettin a video camera off e blag.

Thing is where do i start???
    Wanting one that i can plug into pc,transfer and edit.
    HDD seems a tad expensive just now, there's DVD,Digital 8, MiniDV.
    Does anyone know what'll be best.

Gettin it for my girlfriend for her dance school,however if i happen to be going off road it may find it's way into the Surf!!!
    (Hope she like's the Safari Snorkel i've ordered her for christmas: )

Any info much appreciated
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf
    Been looking at gettin a video camera off e blag.

Thing is where do i start???
    Wanting one that i can plug into pc,transfer and edit.
    HDD seems a tad expensive just now, there's DVD,Digital 8, MiniDV.
    Does anyone know what'll be best.

Gettin it for my girlfriend for her dance school,however if i happen to be going off road it may find it's way into the Surf!!!
    (Hope she like's the Safari Snorkel i've ordered her for christmas: )

Any info much appreciated

just make sure the girlfriend fits the snorkel properly

sorry smithy but i know nothing about v/cameras
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

must remember and get her a hole saw as well!!!

Found this camera on that auction site

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-DCR-TRV27...QQcmdZViewItem

Any thoughts anyone????????

Comment

yep its a video camera all right
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

The only camera that i can comment on is my own sony digital 8.
          it is a good cam but a little on the large side in comparison to newer cams. the only thing i dont like about it is the indoor filming quality. the best thing about it is the huge zoom both optical and digital. This is now a five year old cam but still works ok.
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
            yep its a video camera all right

Just found another format........Hi8!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              The only camera that i can comment on is my own sony digital 8.
              it is a good cam but a little on the large side in comparison to newer cams. the only thing i dont like about it is the indoor filming quality. the best thing about it is the huge zoom both optical and digital. This is now a five year old cam but still works ok.

Is it like the one listed????????

Comment

Just found another format........Hi8!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

a hi8 thats one of our works transits
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

digital 8 is a digital recording on an 8mm tape
                  hi 8 is an analogue recording at a higher def than a std 8, but not as good as digital.
                  better than all of them is dv tape, which is smaller than the others and better resolution.
                  then you have a digital recording onto disc, and card and hard drives and i get confused.
                  the lens is as important as the resolution, no point in recording i hi def immage thats unfocused or dark.
                  thats about all i know, cos i was only at currys for 9 months and i didnt listen...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Is it like the one listed????????
                    very similar to that, i think mine is the 330e though!
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

we just got a JVC hdd camera at work for a department and it looks great! 4.5 hours up to 20 hours recording time i think... if they will be looking at thier tapes on a pc/mac then the transfer speed will be really quick which is a massive advantage over tapes.
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I use a Panasonic NV-GS33 Digital Video Camera
                        Mini DV format

Its compact with a fold lens. Has functions as follows:

Colour Night View
                        Soft Skin
                        Tele Macro
                        Back Light function
                        has remote mic function [hand held mic supplied]
                        DV In/Out
                        USB / S-Video ports
                        Auto/Manual Focus
                        Also comes with a Web Cam function

It does have 500x Digital Zoom, but even better and of more importance it uses a Lumix 10x Optical Zoom
                        Infra Red Remote Control
                        Can take Photo Shots - but this writes to the tape and cuts out your video [this is the only downfall in that it does not have an SD Card for recording these one off shots]
                        Camera Length is approx 5-6 inch and width in the palm is approx 3inches

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-a...197867/details for technical info
                        Last edited by Gizmo; 27 November 2006, 22:04.
                        Gaz

Comment

What ever you do, shop around. I bought a new Panasonic NV-GC21 last Christmas. It was about £150 below the normal asking price off EmpireDirect.

Before deciding on what to buyso we looked on the Which? website and in their mags (need to be a subscriber to check online). Panasonic came out quite well in the tests (not the model I bought but similar) and my brother-in-law used it in June to record a movie of my daughter's wedding. It came out quite well but was helped by using a decent DVD editing program.
                          Mike G

Comment

It all depends

If you're going for consumable media (tapes, cds & memory cards) go for Mini DV the pros are still using it because of the ability to hard reference (all shot footage is still threre no matter what) if everything is on digital media (computer harddrives) the space you need is HUGE! Recording onto dvds and cds is already obsolete and the space is limited. Hi8 forget if you intend to use your computer to edit there are anologue to digital converters but why bother if this if a new camera. Hi8 is good but not as good as Mini DV and Mini DV tapes as the name suggests are smaller. With a Mini DV camcorder you can use the tapes to archive edited and finished footage saving space on hard drives although it can also be archives on DVD.

Then there's the HD (High Definition) and 3 CCD. 3 CDD is broadcast quality or greater although for the quality you loose low light capturing ability so you'd need a light. HD is better still.

If you want to use it under water get a camcorder with a hard drive (no tape to get damp and gum up) and get a JVC OR SONY for availability of underwater housings.

Lenses; Panasonic and Sony for quality.
                            Panasonic = Leica Dicomar
                            Sony = Carl Zeiss

I have a Panasonic 3 CDD Mini DV camcorder with a Leica lens. Easy to use very good quality both sound and visual. Falls short in very low light situations (only captures every 3-5 frame) so I got a light. But as a diver I'm a little disappointed because there's no housing on the market rated to the depths that I dive to. So I would have got a Sony or JVC.

If you're a diver get the housing and camera at the same time these things have a very short production life.

Then there's the computer hardware and software to deal with it all but I think you,re question was camcorders.
                            Last edited by Long way 'round; 28 November 2006, 02:39.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                              we just got a JVC hdd camera at work for a department and it looks great! 4.5 hours up to 20 hours recording time i think... if they will be looking at thier tapes on a pc/mac then the transfer speed will be really quick which is a massive advantage over tapes.

I bought my brother a JVC 20gb HDD camera and its amazing!!

For the shear ease of use its brilliant, it saves each video clip as a file, then you just copy it across to your pc as a file and edit it as you like. Soooooo easy!

Plus you can actually get more than half an hour footage on (unlike most of the dvd camera's!)

here's the base model that he's got : http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-GZ-MG21E...&s=electronics

definatly worth a look!

otherwise, stick to minidv, as the quality of the dvd ones just doesn't seem to be there yet (nor the recording time), so i don't think they'll last long. HDD is the future!

Martin
                              Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
                              X