No announcement yet.

Hangover cures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A well made Virgin mary is perfect....With a raw egg (if you dare)

Especially if you were on vodka the night before
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

A slice of lemon in boiled water and about another 10 hours sleep!

Comment

I trained for years for Rugby, martial arts & mountain bike racing, so lots of nights out and drink based games and dares, and the best cure (though, with that much practice, I didn't and still don't get them) is......

Sugar puffs, cocoa pops, bran flakes etc and a banana (and a glass of tonic water)

Why, I hear none of you ask....

Well, the body cannot process alcohol so it needs something to take it out of the system - so the alcohol binds to the fibre in the cereal and the body can then dispose of it - good plan to have some of this before you go out (then you can drink more too :-) )

The banana gives you potassium to raise this in the blood, and perk you up a little (see, no science) and the quinnine in the tonic water just works, OK!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

How did I miss this, the only thread on here that I've ever had any helpful knowledge for?

Dehydration and headache are the same thing. That can be easily dealt with using a pint of water and a Dioralyte sachet (get it from the chemist - it's brilliant) before you go to bed.

The hungry/weak/sick thing is your blood sugar crashing. Eat a lot of carbohydrates before embarking on your p1ss up. I find mashed potato works best. Try to avoid your blood sugar rising too high - avoid alcopops at all costs. If you're on the lager, go for Holsten where available because it has far less sugar in it than others.

If you feel really sick, that's alcohol poisoning. Sip water and watch telly in bed all day. Remember to take a waste paper basket into the bathroom with you. Unless you've got two toilets or a bidet. Things could get nasty if you've only got one recepticle.

The guily feeling is to do with the girl lying next to you. Face the other way and close your eyes. She will go eventually.

For cures after the event, go for water to clean the poison out and dry brown bread to soak up what's left in your guts. Then get on the beers again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            The guily feeling is to do with the girl lying next to you. Face the other way and close your eyes. She will go eventually.

Comment

never mind all this scientific nonsense... what you need is a bacon and egg sarnie, made with white sliced bread, a runny egg, and dripping with grease. and a cup of strong tea with 3 sugars. that will cure all that ails you.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                never mind all this scientific nonsense... what you need is a bacon and egg sarnie, made with white sliced bread, a runny egg, and dripping with grease. and a cup of strong tea with 3 sugars. that will cure all that ails you.
                No hangover, but that's got me drooling.

Comment

i usually have a couple of pints of coke half way through the night... then carry on drinking...
                  seems to work!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                  X