Hangover cures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover cures.

Well have just woke up with a belting hangover, so what a good time to ask you all for your tried and trusted hangover cures.

The best one of all time is the good old "don't drink in the first place", but thats just wrong..
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Originally posted by max6674
    Well have just woke up with a belting hangover, so what a good time to ask you all for your tried and trusted hangover cures.

The best one of all time is the good old "don't drink in the first place", but thats just wrong..
    hair of the dog

or a good old fashioned fry up mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMM always used to sort me out
    Last edited by stormforce; 26 November 2006, 15:15.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Coca Cola (full fat) & a scotch egg........works for me
      Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

Stay drunk!

Comment

Seldom get them these days but when I was a kid my Saturday morning routine was:

Get up and s$$$$e teeth
          Drink bucket of water
          Buy Mars bar
          Eat it on 83 bus
          Get off bus at Wembley High Road
          Wimpy Kingsize and chips with large coffee

Worked every time for me - points to note - there were no Bugger King or Mc$$$$ in those days ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Jokes apart, there is one thing that actually works, Berocca.
            You can buy it from boots and tescos and places like that, it is a tablet that you drop into a glass of water and makes a slightly unpleasant orange drink.
            The liquid has loads of properties that do loads of things but the upshot is it cures hangovers in about 10 minutes flat. Tried and tested.

Comment

I vaguely recall that the major issues with hangovers are low blood sugar, dehydration, headache and upset stomach

Low blood sugar - cured by food (glucose is fastest but won't last long)
              Dehydration - Fluids, isotonic drinks will help fastest
              Headache - paracetamol
              Upset stomach - food or if really serious alka seltzer

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Breathing neat Oxygen from a medical/diving set is really good - but not exactly convenient or cheap!!!
                where's this bit go then?

Comment

so far i think Bushwhacker has the best idea - i'll never forget meeting an old bag lady in Dublin once with all my mates, she had the nerve to say we all looked terrible from the night before p*ss up and suggested we try one her two favoured remedies

a) meths
                  b) if we could afford it Jamesons

we took the jamesons option, it was the day of our return flight and around 10 am - i ended up some hrs later in stansted going round the baggage collection conveyer BUT the hangover was gone
                  Bunkle
                  Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington
                    Jokes apart, there is one thing that actually works, Berocca.
                    You can buy it from boots and tescos and places like that, it is a tablet that you drop into a glass of water and makes a slightly unpleasant orange drink.
                    The liquid has loads of properties that do loads of things but the upshot is it cures hangovers in about 10 minutes flat. Tried and tested.

Berocca is excellent. It even works if you take it just before you go to bed. Isnt it funny how you miss something when you have run out of it.
                    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                      Berocca is excellent. It even works if you take it just before you go to bed. Isnt it funny how you miss something when you have run out of it.
                      I don't know if this stuff is any different, but personally have found alka-seltzer only works if you can keep it down

Comment

Originally posted by SassyT
                        I don't know if this stuff is any different, but personally have found alka-seltzer only works if you can keep it down

Don't swallow the tablets, drop them into a glass of water first and let them dissolve!

Comment

generally have water b4 going to bed so your not dehydrated.
                          or i've found Five Alive and Lemonade together - five alive for the vitamins and lemonade gets it into the system quick.
                          Gaz

Comment

A pint of water and a paracetamol before bed, and another pint of water (with paracetamol if needed) in the morning, swiftly followed by a bacon sarnie or similar, usually does me.

Comment

What's a hangover?

Comment

Working...
                              X