Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site

Hi New to all this Hiluxsurf stuff.

Anyway, I live Bulgaria, it's 4X4 country, can make a Landrover cry. I have just got a 93 2.4ltr with 122000 miles on the clock. No nothing about these machines, what are they like, it's an Auto, interior and exterior very clean, WIll it last the distance. 2 batteries, Vehicles out here tend to more expensive as I have paid 4k for it. It is Jap import.

Please can anyone tell me if I have a pile of $$$$ or a good machine?

Hi Norm, As long as you look after it, especially the cooling system it will last for years.

Anything you need to know, this place is as good as a workshop manual.

Comment

hi norm welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Hi Norm, As long as you look after it, especially the cooling system it will last for years.

Anything you need to know, this place is as good as a workshop manual.

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Are that good?

It's in the garage at the moment. having the once over. the guy said it has 2 blocked injectors which they said would be fixed, along with full check over and service before I get it. I just hope I have not got a dog. As I said I know noting about these machines, WInter can be -25c snow 3ft high or more, and when it's not snowing the roads are quite $$$$. WHat MPG can expect normal driving ? Ho yes it's also an EFI fuel system
        Last edited by normski26; 23 November 2006, 21:21.

Comment

Hello Norm, Yep you made the right choice
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi Norm, where about in Bulgaria are you? I've got a place near Veliko Turnovo. I'm hoping to use the Surf to haul out a pile of furniture some time in the future.

Comment

hi normski welcome to the forum
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Bulgaria

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
                Hi Norm, where about in Bulgaria are you? I've got a place near Veliko Turnovo. I'm hoping to use the Surf to haul out a pile of furniture some time in the future.
                Would you believe it we are about 10 miles from VT near Dreanovo.
                We drove out too. came via France, Italy, Greece, and up to Sofia and accross. But with a motorhome and tailer. took me about 4 and a bit days. Expensive: road tolls, and fuel. We were doing about £160 per day. Ouch!!!! About 1800 miles.

Small World... pheeew

Thanks everyone for the welcome:

I hope to pick the monster up in about 10 days, after it's been sorted, seviced, and new rubbers all round.
                Last edited by normski26; 24 November 2006, 08:37.

Comment

Small world indeed! My place is also on the south side of VT in a small village near Kilifarevo, probably no more than 2 or 3 miles from Dryanovo as the crow flys. (But about 45 mins on the road, you'll know what I mean). Our place is still undergoing rennovation (shortage of funds at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by normski26
                    Thanks for such a quick reply!

Are that good?

It's in the garage at the moment. having the once over. the guy said it has 2 blocked injectors which they said would be fixed, along with full check over and service before I get it. I just hope I have not got a dog. As I said I know noting about these machines, WInter can be -25c snow 3ft high or more, and when it's not snowing the roads are quite $$$$. WHat MPG can expect normal driving ? Ho yes it's also an EFI fuel system

Depends what you call normal driving mate, but if you recon on about 20-25 mpg you wont be far wrong. Dont let her overheat though, the 2.4 heads dont like getting too hot. Most of all 'ENJOY' and remember to grin.

Spoggle

Comment

Rennovations

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
                      Small world indeed! My place is also on the south side of VT in a small village near Kilifarevo, probably no more than 2 or 3 miles from Dryanovo as the crow flys. (But about 45 mins on the road, you'll know what I mean). Our place is still undergoing rennovation (shortage of funds at the mo.
                      It seems most people out here are having their homes rennovated. There again most need it too! hehe. Problem is things are getting more and more expensive. for building work to be done. On top of that 98% of the time the standard of work is, shall we say, wanting !!!!! If you want a green house you end up a red house, sort of thing. You know what I mean.

But it's not all bad pout here, My council tax is £3.5 per year beat that anyone in the UK!!!!!!

Comment

bulgaria

well i`m looking to book a holiday in bulgaria next august..i hope there isn`t 3ft of snow cos i`m planning on swimming in the pool and the surf`s gonna be alone at home for 2 weeks

Comment

Snow Snow

Na no problem with snow then. 35 to 40C is the order of the day that time of year.

Comment

Working...
                          X