Access to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Forum

As a recently new member to this site I don't know if this subject has been covered before .
    I have use of 2 computers , this one upstairs in my office , and a laptop for downstairs and about . Problem is I can only get full access and use of this site from this computer upstairs , ie open PM's , reply to threads etc .
    The other computer asks me to log in , which I do , but still does not allow more access .
    I have tried to log off this computer first and then log on the other one ,still no go . What am I doing wrong , or is this a general thing . I don't have this problem with other clubs/sites/forums.
    Any help as I am fed up with having to change computers so I can do things like this

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    As a recently new member to this site I don't know if this subject has been covered before .
    I have use of 2 computers , this one upstairs in my office , and a laptop for downstairs and about . Problem is I can only get full access and use of this site from this computer upstairs , ie open PM's , reply to threads etc .
    The other computer asks me to log in , which I do , but still does not allow more access .
    I have tried to log off this computer first and then log on the other one ,still no go . What am I doing wrong , or is this a general thing . I don't have this problem with other clubs/sites/forums.
    Any help as I am fed up with having to change computers so I can do things like this

Rick
    Check your security settings on the laptop, are cookies enabled, perhaps you need to add this to your list of trusted sites.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

i had the exact same . do as above and it will solve it.
      ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

OK , sounds like you guys know how to fix it . I am not very computer 'wise' and struggle a bit with things like this .
        Where do I find 'cookies' enabled and 'trusted' site ? I have the Forum saved under 'Favorites' on my AOL list
        Any more help ?

Thanks
        Rick

Comment

OK , sounds like you guys know how to fix it . I am not very computer 'wise' and struggle a bit with things like this .
          Where do I find 'cookies' enabled and 'trusted' site ? I have the Forum saved under 'Favorites' on my AOL list
          Any more help ?

Thanks
          Rick
          Rick
          AOL may be your problem - a few other people on here have had trouble running the forum under AOL. Try opening IE and running it there.
          In IE you will need to go Tools, Internet Options, security, trusted sites to mark the forum as a trusted site, and then click on custom level to amend the cookies settings.

Good Luck!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Linda ,
            I am a real computer 'DUMB AR$E' , where or what is IE ?
            HELP

Rick

Comment

Linda ,
              I am a real computer 'DUMB AR$E' , where or what is IE ?
              HELP

Rick
              IE = Internet Explorer
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks for the help . I will try later to see if I can do this . It's my wife's laptop for her buiness so I will have to be careful as this DUMB AR$E might crash it or something
                I will let you know how it goes

Thanks again
                Rick ( computer dumb ar$e)

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  Rick
                  AOL may be your problem - a few other people on here have had trouble running the forum under AOL. Try opening IE and running it there.
                  In IE you will need to go Tools, Internet Options, security, trusted sites to mark the forum as a trusted site, and then click on custom level to amend the cookies settings.

Good Luck!
                  I'm on AOL, never had any problems. Dont recall anyone posting AOL problems, search turned up nothing on the subject,
                  Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                    I'm on AOL, never had any problems. Dont recall anyone posting AOL problems, search turned up nothing on the subject,
                    Pete
                    The problem Pops & I have with AOL is that we are unable to access the chat room using the AOL software, but if we open Internet Explorer and use that we are able to access the room.

I believe that we discussed it in the room rather than a thread.

It would be worth a try using IE to see if it gets you over the problem.

Paul
                    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                      The problem Pops & I have with AOL is that we are unable to access the chat room using the AOL software, but if we open Internet Explorer and use that we are able to access the room.

I believe that we discussed it in the room rather than a thread.

It would be worth a try using IE to see if it gets you over the problem.

Paul
                      Thanks for that Paul, handy to know.
                      Pete

Comment

I've had a similar problem on my laptop and I'm running aol. I've found that if I log on at the bottom of the main screen, where it says Not cookied? It always works. If i log on any where else it dont work.

Hope this helps

Ian
                        Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

I give up . I have messed around with the Internet Explorer bit but all I get is server error . When we got our computers all we did was load the disc in them and access the internet through the AOL sign on the screen . I did not have to go through this Internet Explorer bit before .
                          I will have to seek help from someone local who can go through step by step with me .
                          Thanks for your help but it was to complicated for me

Rick

Comment

Bring it to the next offroad meet Rick - someone will be sure to know how to fix it!
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Linda ,
                              I have already spoken to our mate Jotto , as I see him quite often and he knows a lot more about computers then me , he sold me this one .

Thanks again
                              Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X