Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glue removal from graphics.

Hi peeps,

As above re glue removal. Was washing her the other day with a power washer and the big side Surf graphics started coming off, they were very brittle. took the lot off. Problem is I have tried most of the normal stuff, petrol, white spirits etc, and just won't touch the glue. I grafted hard on one letter for over an hour and thats not even shifted yet. Anybody got any advice how to move the glue a bit quicker, also will the laquer coat need sorting out after.

Thanks. Jamie

Take a look at some of these posts http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/se...earchid=327472
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by yungjamie
      Hi peeps,

As above re glue removal. Was washing her the other day with a power washer and the big side Surf graphics started coming off, they were very brittle. took the lot off. Problem is I have tried most of the normal stuff, petrol, white spirits etc, and just won't touch the glue. I grafted hard on one letter for over an hour and thats not even shifted yet. Anybody got any advice how to move the glue a bit quicker, also will the laquer coat need sorting out after.

Thanks. Jamie
      Hi Jamie if you scroll down on this page there are a couple of threads on the removal,take a look and see if they are of ant use.Also i think someone says in another thread about a caramel wheal to assist with the glue removal
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi peeps,

Thanks. Jamie
        Had the same thing happened, I used celulose thinners and an old credit card as a scr aper, soak the glue with thinners on a rag then when soft sc rape off with card (little by little) took me a Day to do both sides then T-cut and polish.
        GOOD LUCK
        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

A hot air gun and some wd40!
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

if your a lazy b#st#rd like me get a caramel wheel its the easiest method
            tried the rest :hard work :
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              if your a lazy b#st#rd like me get a caramel wheel its the easiest method
              tried the rest :hard work :
              we know that dave you even buy a tent that puts itself up so you don't have too
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                we know that dave you even buy a tent that puts itself up so you don't have too
                like my love life richard
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

whats a caramel wheel and where do I get it from. Should suit me as I'm a lazy bas***d too.

Comment

Part no. and pic here...http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...=caramel+wheel

Comment

Thanks for that folks. Going down the route of daisy cutters, sounds nice and easy. Do these come in packs as I have a van I'm going to de-letter.

Thanks. Jamie

Comment

Thanks for that folks. Going down the route of daisy cutters, sounds nice and easy. Do these come in packs as I have a van I'm going to de-letter.

Thanks. Jamie
                        It is quite easy, but it's still not quick. Tar remover is helpful for getting some of the glue off afterwards. Just make sure you don't have anything pressing to do later that day, because it can get pretty frustrating trying to get all the glue/sh1tty stickers off, then the t-cutting.

Two things I found out when I did mine:

1. Don't use the wheel too fast. It makes a horrible mess and you will spend as long removing burned caramel wheel from the side as you would have done on the stickers.

2. Don't let the wheel touch the black plastic trim on the doors. It will melt it in a jiffy.

Comment

Trafalgar do a "Tar & Glue Remover": http://www.trafalgar.cc/used-car.php

The downside is that they only appear to supply to the trade. Who knows - maybe your local dealer / valeter has some he could sell you.

I use it alot, and it is the absolute bees knees. Wipe it on (liberally), allow to soak, then using an old credit or store card & a rag, just wipe it away. Really stubborn adhesives may need a 2nd application, but it is the best we've found so far.

Sorry I can't help on any retail outlets for it..........
                          Paul...

Comment

http://www.trafalgar.cc/

Comment

Working...
                            X