X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on the surf.

Hi All

I have been looking for a Surf preferably manual with 3.0 diesels
    What should I be looking for when buying one?

I have always wanted a 4X4 but need to know if they are reliable. (Hopefully better than land rover???)

What sort of weight are they allowed to tow?

With the manual I have been told by a dealer I will get 30 to 35 to a gallon of derv, is this true???.

Can any one enlighten me on the different specs that come out of Japan on the 3.0 diesel?

Pre thanks to anyone contributing

Martin

Originally posted by martin
    Hi All

I have been looking for a Surf preferably manual with 3.0 diesels
    What should I be looking for when buying one?

I have always wanted a 4X4 but need to know if they are reliable. (Hopefully better than land rover???)

What sort of weight are they allowed to tow?

With the manual I have been told by a dealer I will get 30 to 35 to a gallon of derv, is this true???.

Can any one enlighten me on the different specs that come out of Japan on the 3.0 diesel?

Pre thanks to anyone contributing

Martin
    look here http://www.sportsluxurycars.com.au/v...oyota_surf.htm
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Ian I just checked that link out and whatever about the performance and dimensions stats, the features are out of kilter.

Standard safety features they list for '85 - '95 arent on my '91. Looks like that fact sheet was drawn up by someone who didnt know what they were doing, got some stuff right but was taking too many smoke breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
        Ian I just checked that link out and whatever about the performance and dimensions stats, the features are out of kilter.

Standard safety features they list for '85 - '95 arent on my '91. Looks like that fact sheet was drawn up by someone who didnt know what they were doing, got some stuff right but was taking too many smoke breaks.
        i was going to put the buyers what to look for link on but its offline just now, not really read it that well jim, anyway theres plenty of that info on here already
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Thats cool Ian.

Martin I dunno bout UK towing weight limits but you wont have to look far round the forum to see that mpg is more like 20 - 25 mpg than what your dealer is saying

*edit* and reliability...mine was parked on the drive for 4 months before I got it on the road but even after a few weeks of freezing january weather when I hadnt started her up, she would start no problem first time
          Last edited by JimL; 7 September 2003, 22:23.

Comment

I think I read a kerb weight of 1860kg for my 91 2.4.

With towing weights there is usually an inflated figure quoted by manufacturers ie for my old Mondeo max tow was 1500kg. What that meant was it would manage to pull away with that load, and thats about all.

To keep you safe you should be looking for your max trailer weight to be about 85% of your kerb weight. remember pulling away is great but stopping well will keep the dents out of your Surf.

Phil...

Comment

Working...
            X