Steering wheels and dash kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheels and dash kits

Lots of nice looking steering wheels on eBay. Lots for MR2s, Celicas, Corollas etc. Are the fittings the same on all Toyotas or do I have to buy one to fit a Surf (there are very few listed for a Surf).

Those dash kits on eBay around the £70 mark. Are they any good? Quite like the look of the Carbon Fibre ones.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    Lots of nice looking steering wheels on eBay. Lots for MR2s, Celicas, Corollas etc. Are the fittings the same on all Toyotas or do I have to buy one to fit a Surf (there are very few listed for a Surf).

Those dash kits on eBay around the £70 mark. Are they any good? Quite like the look of the Carbon Fibre ones.
    not too sure on the steering wheels but i think Tony and linda have a wheel from a celica or mr2
    have you seen the dash kits from roughtrax
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      not too sure on the steering wheels but i think Tony and linda have a wheel from a celica or mr2
      have you seen the dash kits from roughtrax
      No. They any good? The eBay ones look ok, but I was wondering if anyone here has bought one and what they think?

TOOOOOOONYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Will any Toyota wheel fit the Surf splines?

Comment

No. They any good? The eBay ones look ok, but I was wondering if anyone here has bought one and what they think?

TOOOOOOONYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Will any Toyota wheel fit the Surf splines?
        the kits from roughtrax are made just for the surfs and not taken from the 4runner templates as most of them are .
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

look here!

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=268

it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

The reason there aren’t many steering wheel options for the Surf is……

It already has a very nice wheel to start with!!!!!

Mine has those extra little buttons for the cruise control as well
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
              The reason there aren’t many steering wheel options for the Surf is……

It already has a very nice wheel to start with!!!!!

Mine has those extra little buttons for the cruise control as well
              dunno... the 2nd gen has something out of a 1973 hiace van!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                dunno... the 2nd gen has something out of a 1973 hiace van!
                Mmmm... there are nicer wheels out there. (Mine doesn't have cruise control buttons - mainly cos it hasn't got cruise control)

I find it's perhaps too big given the level of power assistance too.

Comment

Mmmm... there are nicer wheels out there. (Mine doesn't have cruise control buttons - mainly cos it hasn't got cruise control)

Totally agree.. I changed mine earlier in the year. Thread here. Post 8 has a few details of boss kits, etc..
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Always thought it
                    was just me being a bit over boisterous with regards to turning subtlety.

Comment

But what about the dash kits.........was thinking of one myself !
                      Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

I find it's perhaps too big given the level of power assistance too.[/QUOTE]

you've missed the obvious solution, fit bigger wheels and tyres!
                        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                        X