X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiet tonight...

<tumbleweed>

I got kinda headhunted tonight

Director of a local military vehicle modifier called me at home suggesting that I pop in for a chat.

The people I work for are relocating in a year or so 150 miles down south and I have expressed my wish not to do so. I wont get any redundancy despite 20 years continuous service as I'm deemed to be a mobile grade (MOD). If I dont move, it will be as though I resign and I wont get bugger all.

Hopefully I'll be able to give them the bird!

Best bit of news I've had for a while. Wish me luck chaps.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    quiet tonight.
    maybe vince really isn't posting anymore??

a bit like when forrest gump stopped walking!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      maybe vince really isn't posting anymore??

a bit like when forrest gump stopped walking!
      LOL my f***in ass off !

Comment

they said 'post, bushwacker,post!'
        so he posted and posted and posted...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Just typical MOD you provide the service on some of the most expensive bits of kit to defend our country (and tank buster) but hey what the hell Investors in people I don't think so

Good luck M8
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h
            Just typical MOD you provide the service on some of the most expensive bits of kit to defend our country (and tank buster) but hey what the hell Investors in people I don't think so

Good luck M8
            Cheers John!

Apparently my CV will be pushed through their HR place and they'll get in touch and arrange 'a chat'.

I feel the same as you do. I am quite passionate about what I do, but my employer doesn't seem to share this view. The whole point of what I do is the supply of decent kit for our chaps at the sharp end. Cant help thinking that some people in charge have lost sight of that.

Comment

Gurkha

If the Gurkhas had any cynicism (knowledge of £ before people) they'ed feel the same way you do now. Sorry to hear that you're another victim of middle managements high handed approach to people.
              Last edited by Long way 'round; 18 November 2006, 01:09.

Comment

The whole point of what I do is the supply of decent kit for our chaps at the sharp end.
                The sand must be hard on those thigh length bondage boots!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Well I guess it would rub the chrome off those steel heels...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

After middle mangement has sent the shipment around the world a few times that's probably what the poor b*******'l get (to shoot wi')

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
                      After middle mangement has sent the shipment around the world a few times that's probably what the poor b*******'l get (to shoot wi')
                      They wont have sent them yet. They'd probably be arguing with the prime contractor over changes to spec. Then of course the HSE people would need to reassess them for safety, and at the end of the day, the 5" heels would be sawn down to reduce the chance of ankle damage, and they'd carry warnings that latex could cause allergic reactions in some people. Because of all of the useless hangers on who all want a finger in the pie they'd probably come in so over budget that no-one could afford them, and the whole design would be s$$$$ped in favour of some nice safe off the shelf Birkenstock sandals

Comment

re-assess re. asses

They wont have sent them yet. They'd probably be arguing with the prime contractor over changes to spec. Then of course the HSE people would need to reassess them for safety, and at the end of the day, the 5" heels would be sawn down to reduce the chance of ankle damage, and they'd carry warnings that latex could cause allergic reactions in some people. Because of all of the useless hangers on who all want a finger in the pie they'd probably come in so over budget that no-one could afford them, and the whole design would be s$$$$ped in favour of some nice safe off the shelf Birkenstock sandals
                        where does the 5" surplus go?

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
                          where does the 5" surplus go?
                          It get's burnt to keep numpties warm - guess where global warming comes from !

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

AIRFIX test pilots are hard to find these days LOL
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X