No announcement yet.

Dash Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooooooooooooooo.me likes the looky of the carbon fibre effect kit.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

By far the best means of re-colouring interior trim is a product called Vinylkote (Ithink thats how you spell it but not 100%). Anyway, it's a 3 part system available in a range of standard colours or can be mixed to a colour sample. !st step is a cleaner which is also amazing at cleaning just about anything. 2nd part is an activator which actually makes the surface being sprayed tacky. 3rd part is the colour which then sinks into the softened surface. I used this product some years ago when restoring an old Reliant Scimitar that had a vinyl interior in multiple shades of tan. I did have the benifit of having everything out the car & could thus spray it but I have heard of people brush painting it on. The end result was fantastic with good, solid colour. Because the colour is absorbed into the vinyl, there is no chance of it flaking or peeling in the way most vinyl paints do after a while. After 2 year the interior on my Scimitar is good as new & only needs an occasional polish. I've lost the contact details but IIRC, the company that makes the stuff is based in Wales in a place with a name something like Pontadullis. I know thats not right but perhaps some of the Welsh members can put me right.

Hope this helps.

Comment

http://www.kolorbond.ltd.uk/otherproducts.htm

Comment

ooooh, nice.... make sure you get it on in the right direction... it used to stretch great in one direction and not so great in the other... and you do have a few curves to cover... try and hide the stretch marks where you can't see them...

It is such a nice material to trim in... but so bl**dy expensive...

I love the way the do the Lambo's with the double contrasting stitching... looks double sexy...

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Keep it to yourself, but I've got some black alcantera to cover my dash with.

Comment

Working...
          X