• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puddle vs landy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Gvp...elated&search=

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

To be fair though, a standing pool like that can cause serious damage to
    anything going through it at that speed.

Comment

very true - water has killed better vehicles than that - my dad has a seat works van, after having it just a couple of months he went through a puddle (and it was just a puddle), the thing just died on him, seat had it back and in the end put a new engine in !!!!, mind you it's done 280,000 miles since
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

My mum bought a new mini about three years ago. The garage had the car for its first service. The mechanic driving it back to her works in heavy rain went thru a "puddle" and fu**ed the engine. Mini had to fit a brand new engine, and the mechanic got the sack....

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          To be fair though, a standing pool like that can cause serious damage to
          anything going through it at that speed.

Rubbish! I went through a puddle like that once on my Grifter and it did no harm to me or the bike.

Comment

That's why I've got a Diesel engine. And a snorkel!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

i was too young for a grifter - i had a striker including fake front springs - best bike i ever had,
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                i was too young for a grifter - i had a striker including fake front springs - best bike i ever had,
                Grifters were a corking bit of kit. Three whole gears, and heavy as f*ck. If you
                came off it, you knew about it.

Comment

Rubbish at wheelies though 'cos as soon as you pulled on the bars it would go into neutral and heavy bruising of the groin area would shortly follow.

stupid twistgrip gear change!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Rubbish at wheelies though 'cos as soon as you pulled on the bars it would go into neutral and heavy bruising of the groin area would shortly follow.

stupid twistgrip gear change!
                    It weren't the smartest idea, that gear changer. Got my first proper head scar
                    from the Grifter. Ramp jump and it ended up above me on landing. Three stitches!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      It weren't the smartest idea, that gear changer. Got my first proper head scar
                      from the Grifter. Ramp jump and it ended up above me on landing. Three stitches!
                      Slightly better than the Raleigh Chopper. Sticky up gear stick between the legs! You didn't want to come off the seat of that one!
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

remember coming off the striker straight into a lamp post - my big sister was meant to be looking after me and after seeing all the cuts and bruises on my face decided to do "what mum does" and clean me up with TCP - poured a whole bottle in the sink and told me to dunk my face in - it stung just a tad !!
                        Bunkle
                        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Rubbish! I went through a puddle like that once on my Grifter and it did no harm to me or the bike.
                          what's a grifter look like grandpa?
                          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                            what's a grifter look like grandpa?
                            just like that
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

sweet!
                              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                              X