Recall, again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall, again!

Hi lads, I know this has been going a while but I had something interesting happen the other day. Bear with me on this!
    I had a letter come through the post last week from those nice people at Toyota (GB) saying that following my recent enquiry they were pleased to "advise" me that they would like to undertake a "revision" to my vehicle under a safety recall programme. They said "Our continuous quality monitoring process has identified that the steering rod may develop a crack under conditions when a high force is applied to the steering wheel". It then went on to give examples.
    Now, this was very nice I thought except for one thing. I've already had mine done, in fact I think I was one of the first according to one of the "recall threads" here . but to make sure I went down to my local Toyota dealer and asked and after much checking of paperwork we agreed it had been done and it was not something new.
    This is were it gets interesting, when I had mine done I had the the full works, bubbly, car, tank of juice etc but some of the lads were saying that they didn't get anything and were wondering why.
    When the nice man at Toyota and myself were discussing things he showed me the letter from Toyota (GB) head office authorising them to do the recall and it stated on the bottom "NO GIFT, NO FUEL".
    I don't know about you lot but it seems to me that Toyota (GB) are getting snotty about having to do our imports and are cutting back on the customer service bit.
    Even the bloke at my local dealership thought that.
    Any thoughts anyone?

Originally posted by sticks
    Hi lads, I know this has been going a while but I had something interesting happen the other day. Bear with me on this!
    I had a letter come through the post last week from those nice people at Toyota (GB) saying that following my recent enquiry they were pleased to "advise" me that they would like to undertake a "revision" to my vehicle under a safety recall programme. They said "Our continuous quality monitoring process has identified that the steering rod may develop a crack under conditions when a high force is applied to the steering wheel". It then went on to give examples.
    Now, this was very nice I thought except for one thing. I've already had mine done, in fact I think I was one of the first according to one of the "recall threads" here . but to make sure I went down to my local Toyota dealer and asked and after much checking of paperwork we agreed it had been done and it was not something new.
    This is were it gets interesting, when I had mine done I had the the full works, bubbly, car, tank of juice etc but some of the lads were saying that they didn't get anything and were wondering why.
    When the nice man at Toyota and myself were discussing things he showed me the letter from Toyota (GB) head office authorising them to do the recall and it stated on the bottom "NO GIFT, NO FUEL".
    I don't know about you lot but it seems to me that Toyota (GB) are getting snotty about having to do our imports and are cutting back on the customer service bit.
    Even the bloke at my local dealership thought that.
    Any thoughts anyone?
    i thought the mechanic nicked my fuel & bubbly
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Fuel would be nice. they washed mine and i had just been away camping. that was ok saved me a job.
      i like it muddy!

Comment

Must admit, I never got the bubbly or fuel when it was done, but I had to
        nip into the local dealers a month or two since to give them the references
        that I'd been given by Toyota GB and Europe for the recall work, and they
        gave me a bottle of bubbly then. Mind you, do have to say that
        our local dealers have always been extremely helpful every time I've been
        to them for anything Surf related.

Comment

If you need this work done, do not take your vehicle to Lookers Toyota, Rayleigh Essex. They are properly poor, in both customer service and attitude.

Comment

I got the bubbly, fuel and they washed it so I think I got treated really well from my local dealer
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Bottle of Bubbly, tank of fuel...

Hey tank of fuel...!

115 litres... where do I sign up....?

Comment

Had mine done two days ago - no bubbly, no fuel!

And the bast4rds washed and vacuumed the car = now i'm a member of the shiny brigade - the shame of it...........
                Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                  Had mine done two days ago - no bubbly, no fuel!

And the bast4rds washed and vacuumed the car = now i'm a member of the shiny brigade - the shame of it...........

I know how you feel, I got mine muddy on the week-end!

Comment

Had my Steering recall done today. Got a bottle of bubbly and a good wash (the car that is.) They told me prior to arriving that I could have the fuel or a car for the day and I took the car - seemed fair enough.

The blokes I had contact with were great - very friendly - nice coffee. I was very impressed with them.

Vantage Toyota in Preston - top blokes.

However, the first place I rang was the Liverpool dealership - Shower of w***ers.

Comment

OOOps

Just read the guidance on discussing Dealerships.

When I said w***ers obviously I meant waiters.

Anyway, a more sensible description would be 'uninterested in having my business if it involved anything so complicated as a 4Runner with a different badge.'

Admittedly I only spoke to one person but it is amazing what a different impression you can get from two different companies supposedly offering the same service. It may be an import but I pay my bills in pounds not yen. The impression given in a customer's first contact with a dealer surely dictates whether the customer returns.

Comment

I did

got my bubbly ,wash down and fuel cant remember how much they put in now tho

Comment

I'm new to the recall bit, just assumed they would have lost interest in a car of this age and being an import. Do you just ring the local dealer and ask for it to be checked , is the whole process free of charge , thanks in advance,
                          Former owner of 94 Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD

Comment

Originally posted by RobOnBlackbird
                            I'm new to the recall bit, just assumed they would have lost interest in a car of this age and being an import. Do you just ring the local dealer and ask for it to be checked , is the whole process free of charge , thanks in advance,

Yep, it's all free.

Just call your nearest Toyota dealer with your chassis number, and they'll tell you if the work needs doing.

Chassis/I.D. plate on the bulkhead.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                              Bottle of Bubbly, tank of fuel...

Hey tank of fuel...!

115 litres... where do I sign up....?
                              115 Litres of bubbly!
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X