rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattle

i have a terrible rattle coming from the rear of my surf, first thoughts were the exhaust but it's definately not, it seems to happen whenever i go over a series of bumps, never just when idling or on a smooth surface, may be a coincidence but i recently had new rear springs fited and i'm pretty sure it has started since then - appreciate there are lots of things under there that could rattle around but any ideas, i can't cause it by laying underneath and kickng whatever i can see (very technical)!!
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Broken anti roll bar bracket?
    Something in the boot??
    Loose spare wheel carrier???
    Rear seat not 'clicked' into place properly???? (This one had me going for a while!!)
    It just does, OK?

Comment

i would go for the anti roll bar bushes/bracket
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks folks - i have milners stronger springs (stock shocks though) and have been considering removing the roll bars anyway so if the bushes are nackered then off they come, just hope the handling isn't efected too much
        Bunkle
        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

With the Milner's uprated springs on, you probably won't notice any difference
          if you remove the back arb.

Comment

mines off and dont notice it on the cruiser springs. just getting better articulation.
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

off it comes then, think i have found the rattle too, the pin in my towing jaw !! -
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
                off it comes then, think i have found the rattle too, the pin in my towing jaw !! -
                Sometimes it's the simplest things!!
                It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                X