Bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumpers

All this talk of bumpers has set me off. Are the chrome bumpers on the 2nd gen the same as the painted ones? I am aware that, no, they are chrome. I mean are they a straight swap?

If so, anyone got the painted ones and wanna do a swap? Do all the work for me and you can have my bullbar too. And the side steps. I'm going minimalist.....

Originally posted by Sancho
    All this talk of bumpers has set me off. Are the chrome bumpers on the 2nd gen the same as the painted ones? I am aware that, no, they are chrome. I mean are they a straight swap?

If so, anyone got the painted ones and wanna do a swap? Do all the work for me and you can have my bullbar too. And the side steps. I'm going minimalist.....
    I've got a painted front bumper sitting in the work shop that I don't want
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

sound like a fair deal but the logistics might be a problem because you are in london and i am down near southampton and not to sure whats involved in changing the bumpers but will give most things a go

Comment

Originally posted by j.hell
        sound like a fair deal but the logistics might be a problem because you are in london and i am down near southampton and not to sure whats involved in changing the bumpers but will give most things a go
        If you're seriously up for it, the logistics would be I drive down to Southampton one day (which day might be a problem....), drop the truck off, go for a little bike ride, pick the truck up and leave. It's not very far to go.

As far as I know, changing the bumpers, removing the bullbar and removing the side steps is just a case of a socket set, some WD40 and a bit of hard work. It's the last part that bothers me.

Comment

If you're seriously up for it, the logistics would be I drive down to Southampton one day (which day might be a problem....), drop the truck off, go for a little bike ride, pick the truck up and leave. It's not very far to go.

As far as I know, changing the bumpers, removing the bullbar and removing the side steps is just a case of a socket set, some WD40 and a bit of hard work. It's the last part that bothers me.
          Do you have flush headlights or recessed? I think the bumpers are different. I have flush and I have a feeling you have recessed.

Comment

yes i do have recessed headlights will need to find out if the bumpers are interchangable

Comment

had a look on roughtrax and they don't say anything about there being a difference about the face lift one

Comment

They're different. Flush is one piece, recessed is three and the indictaors fit in differently.

Bugger. Oh well.....

Comment

oh well never mind tony n said the mounting points should still be the same though

Comment

Working...
                  X