Refurbished the bull-bar pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbished the bull-bar pad

As some may know I fitted a bull-bar to my Surf last weekend…..

Anyhow the pad on the bull-bar was a bit weathered with a few cracks and splits in the ends. As this is a Japanese domestic market bar you can’t buy a replacement pads here in the UK.

Yesterday I took off the pad (it is in two parts) and filled the cavities with black silicone gutter sealant (89p). I then used some black tyre paint (£4.25) from a local motor accessory shop and gave the pad a coat taking care not to get any on the white “Hilux” lettering. Left it to dry and then refitted it this morning.

I’m happy with the result and it looks a whole lot better than it did before.

Just need to sort the lamps out now… yes I know one looks wonky, that is because it needs re-tightening.
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

still wouldn't want to be hit with it !
    Bunkle
    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Looks good. I had exactly the same on mine. In the end I took it off and sprayed it the same colour as the truck.

Comment

i just use george
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Dont suppose you got a Jeffery knocking about?,
          Although on second thought's i'd want to run it into a wall
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

What you need is 3 bits of pipe lagging, spray them up with the words 'pedestrian prtotection programme', that should keep the anti-4x4 clan happy for a while!!
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
              What you need is 3 bits of pipe lagging, spray them up with the words 'pedestrian prtotection programme', that should keep the anti-4x4 clan happy for a while!!

Barbed wire will keep pedestrians away from the front of the truck more effectively.

Comment

Working...
              X