steering idler ball joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering idler ball joint

I have some play in the steering idler ball joint and I think in the pitman arm ball joint, between them this seems to be allowing alot of movement in the steering. The main part of the idler seems solid. Is it possible to just change the ball joints or will I have to get a new idler and pitman arm?
    Any help would be gratefully recieved
    Darren

Worn ball joint end requires replacement of the complete unit on both.

Nev

Comment

I figured that was the answer but hoped to save the £100 for a replacement pair
      Thanks for your help anyway
      Darren

Comment

did mine last year,easy to do,got replacement idler from roughtraxs,£97 all in.

get the screw in type ball joint seperator,not the ones you hit with a lump hamer,they sent big shock waves through the truck,can end up blowing bulb,s
        and disturbing thing;s ie wire connectors.

Comment

got mine from milners - around £45 - or try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-4R...QQcmdZViewItem
          Bunkle
          Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
            got mine from milners - around £45 - or try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-4R...QQcmdZViewItem
            Thats more expensive than milners, I think I'll be ordering the idler and pitman arm from milners, thanks guys
            Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              Thats more expensive than milners, I think I'll be ordering the idler and pitman arm from milners, thanks guys
              Darren
              Ah, but Milners Idler arm at £57, + Delivery at £7, +VAT comes to £75.20.

The guy on ebay comes to £67.90.

Guess which Idler arm I just bought.

Milners Pitman arm comes to £41.13 +delivery (which may not be relevant if bought at the same time as an Idler arm), whereas they're £41.50 all in from the same seller on ebay. And that seller apparently only charges 50p postage for the second item making the Pitman arm only £35.50.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

yeah - what he said
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Ok Ok, I missed the vat I've got a whole list of bits I need from Milners so even if I could save a few pence using the guy on ebay I think I'll stick to what I know and the ease of one big order delivered next day, thanks for all your maths effort though
                  Darren

Comment

just to add to the confusion

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Bunkle
                    Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Personally, for something that I depend on not to crash and die, I'd go for a good expensive one, rather than the cheapest possible. I just replaced mine (well, got someone to do it for me) and got it from Roughtrax.

Comment

Working...
                      X