rear wheel cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel cover

I am getting some done with the hope some of you guys/girls will adverstise my business in return for the free whell cover. What size wheel is the most common as the options seem to be 15" or 16" and would a 16" work ona 15" wheel or would it be too losse.

Originally posted by fergus
    I am getting some done with the hope some of you guys/girls will adverstise my business in return for the free whell cover. What size wheel is the most common as the options seem to be 15" or 16" and would a 16" work ona 15" wheel or would it be too losse.

You'll need the overall diameter with the tyre fitted won't you? Most popular wheel size (1st and 2nd gen) is 15". With the tyre the diameter would be approx. 31"

Comment

Surely tyre size is more relevant than rim size?

Standard tyre sizes for 2nd gens are 265/70/15 and 31.10.50/15. That's for the wide-body versions. Dunno about the narrow-body variant.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Ok - I'll bite .........

What business will the wheel covers be advertising then Fergus ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Ok - I'll bite .........

What business will the wheel covers be advertising then Fergus ?????

Pajero importers!

Comment

thanks for your help, the question was badly phrased -I did actually mean the size of the complete wheel and tyre. I will be in a position next week to offer good quality semi rigid wheel covers to 10 people to advertise my business. Full details and a photo of the wheel cover will be posted on here next week and you will be able to see the actual wheel cover before you decide if you want one.
            regards

Comment

OK, not wanting to sound off, but you're being very cagey as to what business exactly will be being advertised. You've been asked before in another thread about this same thing, and not answered there either.

Why the reluctance to just come out and say 'I'm in the business of .....'?

Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

The business is a text poll to gauge the feeling of pro or anti 4X4 feelings. Here is a copy of the cover which will be a good quality semi rigid cover sourced from www.wheel-cover.co.uk. I am currently deciding on colours and will probably go for some with white type on navy and some with white type on purple to match (most) Surfs.

If you are interested please reply through here. Obviously preference will be given to people who park near schools or generally annoy the anti 4X4 brigade.

PS The text number and customer serevice number are not live yet
                Last edited by fergus; 13 November 2006, 12:33.

Comment

interesting idea. i work in a school - that would count wouldnt it lol
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I’m a member of Staff at Liverpool University if that counts..... so my Toyota is on public view most of the time.

Oh, and my Surf is gun-metal gray in colour
                    Last edited by PDR; 13 November 2006, 14:52.
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

The business is a text poll to gauge the feeling of pro or anti 4X4 feelings. Here is a copy of the cover which will be a good quality semi rigid cover sourced from www.wheel-cover.co.uk. I am currently deciding on colours and will probably go for some with white type on navy and some with white type on purple to match (most) Surfs.

If you are interested please reply through here. Obviously preference will be given to people who park near schools or generally annoy the anti 4X4 brigade.

Hmm, interesting idea. However, I think that you'll get a skewed result from this, as it's generally the 'anti' (anti anything, not just 4x4) who will tend to voice their opinion, and I suspect the anti-4x4 group would even organise 'terror cells' () and just send in loads of anti messages (not that that is a problem for you of course, as you'll be raking in the cash as a result ).
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback- yes there may be people who encourage their friends to bulk text to skew the result.....but as you say the more texts the merrier. I have worked in this business for a while and see the revenue these things can generate. I am being made redundant so decided to have a go-nothing ventured etc etc.
                        I initally have 10 wheel covers on offer so shout if you want one.

Comment

how do voters see the results?
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

My Surf will wear one for you if you want to give us one. It will travel far and wide.
                            Trust your Hound.

Comment

Our surf would be proud to wear one of your wheel covers, Mrs N doe's the school run every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X