2 dead batteries, 2 unhappy dogz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 dead batteries, 2 unhappy dogz

The warning signs have been there for a year, and the last 2 weeks I got a warning every day (very sluggish turnover when cold) and of course I said to the missis "i will get some new ones"

Oh yeah.... Right, and tonight the truk won't turn over and start and its my fault for not getting new batts a year ago

Had to extract 2 unhappy dogs from the back and take them for a walk down the local paths instead of a walk in the country.

So, cutting to the chase,
    Where in the Leeds,Wetherby area will I get new batts of good quality for a sensible price please?

Ta

Al.
    Last edited by phoebelala; 10 November 2006, 00:44.
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    The warning signs have been there for a year, and the last 2 weeks I got a warning every day (very sluggish turnover when cold) and of course I said to the missis "i will get some new ones"

Oh yeah.... Right, and tonight the truk won't turn over and start and it my fault for not getting new batts a year ago

Had to extract 2 unhappy dogs from the back and take them for a walk down the local paths instead of a walk in the country.

So, cutting to the chase,
    Where in the Leeds,Wetherby area will I get new batts of good quality for a sensible price please?

Ta

Al.
    Believe it or not, Toyota!! Someone on here bought batteries from a Toyota dealer, and they weren't any more expensive than car accessory shops.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...LS22&cid=03407
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 November 2006, 00:45.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Believe it or not, Toyota!! Someone on here bought batteries from a Toyota dealer, and they weren't any more expensive than car accessory shops.

Thanx Vince, I will give the local dealer a call in the morning, I suppose 40 quid batts can be had in factors but how long will they last? I expect a figure of 80ish each for decent ones.

Mine are the original ones and as such are 10 years old!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala

Thanx Vince, I will give the local dealer a call in the morning, I suppose 40 quid batts can be had in factors but how long will they last? I expect a figure of 80ish each for decent ones.
        It was Ian who got the Toyota ones. Think they cost him under £60 each.

Comment

I don't think it matters what you pay for them. Back in the days when I knew about these things around 80% of the batteries sold in the UK were made by one company and the only difference was the label
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Look on the bright side Al, at least it's not 2 unhappy batteries and 2 dead dogs.

Comment

just got a pair of Heavy Duty jobs for £72 inc vat.
              I love being in the motor trade !
              Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

I paid £29.95 + vat each for mine with a 3 year guarentee.

Alan...

Comment

We gets loads of batteries returned (mainly motorcycle), dunno why but build quality is mingin now, mind you battery prices have halfed over the same timescale so mibbi something Chinese?

Dont buy cheap otherwise you will get scunnered taking them back!

PS.
                  Modern bearings are the same = half the price = made from poo

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                    We gets loads of batteries returned (mainly motorcycle), dunno why but build quality is mingin now, mind you battery prices have halfed over the same timescale so mibbi something Chinese?

Dont buy cheap otherwise you will get scunnered taking them back!

PS.
                    Modern bearings are the same = half the price = made from poo
                    Have to agree with you. Personally, I always go to certain places for
                    practically everything, usually for the fact that I know I won't save
                    money, but I will end up with reliable kit. I prefer quality to price.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                      Look on the bright side Al, at least it's not 2 unhappy batteries and 2 dead dogs.

Good point my man........That would be no good at all as the dead dogs would not even hold a partial charge

I got 2 from Toyota for 120 quid with the usual yota warranty and quality. I was unhappy to find they were made in France though.

What a difference. I thought that 3 litres were supposed to turn over slowly...........not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
                        I paid £29.95 + vat each for mine with a 3 year guarentee.

Alan...
                        from where need a couple
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                          from where need a couple
                          Unfortunately from a local factor up here in darkest Worksop

Alan...

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton
                            Unfortunately from a local factor up here in darkest Worksop

Alan...
                            Mmmm detour to worksop on way home monday maybe
                            whats the address of the fACTORS and whats the type of batterys you got please
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Working...
                            X