11/11/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/11/06

For those who worry that today's youth don't see Remembrance Day as meaningful: written by a 13-year-old
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Must have been taught in a Private school .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
      For those who worry that today's youth don't see Remembrance Day as meaningful: written by a 13-year-old
      I have lost a lot of mates over the ladt ten years in conflicts around the world, that poem is superb. My kids always wear a popy to school and have refused to take it off when asked by a narrow minded teacher, i will be silent for 2 mins on the 11th
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Yup - Saturday and Sunday. Playing Last Post/Rouse for the service at the local war memorial on Sunday.
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Well I've done me half day selling poppys and only got asked for a white one once ! and that was some 13/14 yr old trying to wind us up ! Excellent poem by the way
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I'm 23, and know no-one who has died in conflict, but i do pay tribute and observe the 2 minutes silence. I'm a bus driver, and we are encouraged to turn our engines off and observe the two minutes, the thing that winds me up is that the punters ask what you're doin then whinge like mad when you do it, and think you're havin a laugh. They shouldn't even need to ask, they should join in but they won't, can people not even afford two minutes a year to the men and women that gave there lives for them? BTW these aren't normally young people, there don't tend to be many young people on buses at 11am.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

We have had the lowest of the low out here in Essex, some scum mugged an elderly gentleman of his poppy collecting box.

Sometimes you feel ashamed to be part of the human race, animals wouldn't stoop that low.

Moan over
              www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Very moveing poem, you do tend to lose faith in youngsters then one will surprise you and restore it a bit,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X