Losing Mileage......*?*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Mileage......*?*

morning fellas... not been on for a while.. but been real busy got a new job as lost 2 in the past 2 months...

has anyone who has been using veg oil as a mix been losing mileage the longer they use it?
    At the mo i am losing up to 50 miles a tank...
    I have been using WVO which is soya oil at a 10% mix

For info.. i have not used any injector cleaner yet in my system... so i'm thinkin maybe its time...

Anyone recommend any?

BTW i gotta fill up this lunch as my close mate the red light is wavin at me . lol

http://www.manicgamer.net

I have not noticed any difference. However, when the warning light comes on I chuck in a bottle of Redex after every 5 tanks of fuel and do 30K's then fill up. Keeps things clear for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
      I have not noticed any difference. However, when the warning light comes on I chuck in a bottle of Redex after every 5 tanks of fuel and do 30K's then fill up. Keeps things clear for me.
      cool will give it a go... (although i dont think i got 30k left now lol)

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
        cool will give it a go... (although i dont think i got 30k left now lol)

It's advisable to change the fuel filter more frequently too when using veg oil.

Comment

I have noticed a small drop in MPG when using bio. This comes back up again when I use mineral diesel so it isn't a case of the filter getting blocked.

Perhaps it's due to a less than ideal injector for bio, plus the slightly lower energy content of veg?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Im sure I read somewhere ( On the forum ??) that Soya oils were not recommended for use as fuel, and I cant remember why. Perhaps a search will reveal something

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              I have noticed a small drop in MPG when using bio. This comes back up again when I use mineral diesel so it isn't a case of the filter getting blocked.

When you re-fill with diesel, the veg oil 'gel' that accumulates in the filter ( due to the colder months of the year) probably gets diluted.

Comment

i found soya a bit lumpy on high ratio's when it started to cool down. now switched to good old rape seed and derv, 50ish/50ish.

i get reduced mpg on veg as well, and a top speed of only 90. as appose to the heady heights of 95! (on a private road obviously )

Change my fuel filter every 3000km, and chuck some redex in every 2 months, about 6 fills.
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                  i found soya a bit lumpy on high ratio's when it started to cool down. now switched to good old rape seed and derv, 50ish/50ish.

i get reduced mpg on veg as well, and a top speed of only 90. as appose to the heady heights of 95! (on a private road obviously )

Change my fuel filter every 3000km, and chuck some redex in every 2 months, about 6 fills.
                  2 months 6 fills? dang i do that a month..... no wonder i'm skint lol

stu

Comment

I neglected to add: I change fuel filter every 5000K and add the veg oil after running 20L derv out of the tank.

Comment

Working...
                    X