Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instrument cluster w/tach 84-88 2LT

Howdy Folks:

I seek to find a speedo / tach cluster for my Hilux LN65 - production date 11.85

Anyone know where I may find one - either from a Hilux or Hilux Surf
    model years 84-88

might you suggest some recyclers I could contact

already posted on the WANTED pages

Cheers thanks ya

There are 2 types fitted . 1 is a 4 gauge dash the other a 6 gauge dash . Neither are available in this country as far as I know because I have been looking for one in mph for mine .
    There is a breakers in USA that has loads of them if you want to have one shipped over . I can post the link if you want it .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

howdy Vagrant No2:

cheers thanks for the info - sure sure - post the link

but the gauges will not be for a turbo diesel - As I believe all North American 2LT's also did not offer a tach - including Canada

Say - did you ever find a 6 guage cluster ? I have one in MPH if you are still looking

Are you petrol of oil ( diesel )

Cheers ya

Comment

Heres the link to home page :http://www.yotayard.com/home.htm
        Click on parts , then dashes , you will see they have a couple on the shelves . I dont know if the dash would be a problem being petrol or diesel . Only the tacho maybe wrong ie 6 cyl petrol , or read to low as diesel revs lower then petrol .
        Maybe Sumo can post a piccy of his dash so you can see wot his is as he runs a diesel LN65.
        I still would like a 6 dial dash as I keep knackering alternators so the volt meter maybe handy and my speedo is in kmh .Mine is a petrol .
        Your profile says Desert Southwest , where is that ?

Comment

Howdy Vagrant No2

cheers thanks for the link

Desert Southwest - Sonoran Desert U S A - Phoenix area

Sure would like to see Sumo's dash - is on this board?

Interesting - I got the truck out of Canada - even though the 2LT was available in U S A until 87 - I have only run across one 2L in all my pick n pull days

these early 84-88 2LT's - most of the good engine parts come from the UK

Fie the shipping and exchange rate.....

will you like a speedo in MPH - I can get very easliy- I am aboutto go to the bone yard and pull a fuel tank- there is an 87 Pickup ( Hilux ) with one of the cleanest frames I have come across - dude had it painted black and the paint is amazing - i ponder just buying the truck just for a frame swap

Cheers ya thanks

Comment

I posted in the wanted section of Yotateh for a speedo face , but no one would send one .
            I would like the full 6 gauge set up , but I think shipping cost would not be worth it unless you know how much it would be . The speedo face could be sent in a padded bag via Air Mail and that would be OK.
            Parts for the 2LT are becomming harder to locate , as Sumo needed a head for his and it took some finding . In general the 2LT appears a good engine as many a builder and pikey run them for ever with no maintenance .

Comment

Howdy Vagrant No2

I believe the guages can be had for Forty US $ and I can check shipping online - i imagine the gauges weigh about 3 -4 kilo pakaged

twenty nine $ postage economy surface - 4-6 weeks
              forty $ postage airmail parcel post - 4-10 days

I imagine with exchange you are looking at about fifty £

are you manual transmission or automatic?

let me know what you think

I am having some difficulty seeking parts - I have a few posts out there and have placed some adds of Craigslist downunder

I can get you a foto if you like - PM me

cheers ya

Comment

Originally posted by nomadix
                Howdy Vagrant No2

I believe the guages can be had for Forty US $ and I can check shipping online - i imagine the gauges weigh about 3 -4 kilo pakaged

twenty nine $ postage economy surface - 4-6 weeks
                forty $ postage airmail parcel post - 4-10 days

I imagine with exchange you are looking at about fifty £

are you manual transmission or automatic?

let me know what you think

I am having some difficulty seeking parts - I have a few posts out there and have placed some adds of Craigslist downunder

I can get you a foto if you like - PM me

cheers ya
                Cheers for that . I will leave it for now but will think about it . Just the speedo face in mph would be good .
                I have manual transmission , but that may change in the future .

Comment

Howdy vagrant No2

When you say just the face - do you mean to disassemble the cluster and to have the plastic MPH markings??

If so would it not be better and less hassle to have the speedo mechanism as well-

no worries . these truck were pretty popular here

Enjoy weeks end

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X