New lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lights!

Fitted the light bar tonight. It's a butchered Thule roof bar of a Proton with some aluminium angle bolted to it to get the lights nearer the roof. Think I'll paint the angle matt black though...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Looks very good m8, top job!!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

nice job andy,looking good.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cant help thinking I need 33's on it now though...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          definately.you'll have to get the mrs to work a bit harder.
          i will be putting 33's on once the lift is done and i get the dosh to buy them
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Have you got those wheel spacers fitted yet?

Comment

looks the dogs bo**cks i'v just put 6 lamps on a roof rack on my surf so much better than the candles in the head lights but just wondering when you clamped the roof rack to the lip were the door seals does your door sit ajar slightly

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                definately.you'll have to get the mrs to work a bit harder.
                i will be putting 33's on once the lift is done and i get the dosh to buy them

I want the 'smithsurf' look!

but in burgundy obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by benyetinyahoo
                  looks the dogs bo**cks i'v just put 6 lamps on a roof rack on my surf so much better than the candles in the head lights but just wondering when you clamped the roof rack to the lip were the door seals does your door sit ajar slightly
                  I thought about 6, but 6 x 8" wont fit, plus they are 130 watters, so thats potentially nearly 40 amps I need to deliver through the roof, which suggests pretty thick cables to avoid significant volts drop across that 8-10ft of cable.
                  I'll probably mod the bar at some stage with some running lights like Ian's.

In fact, looking for the car after an organised fireworks display the other night was a bit of a nightmare so I might put a couple of leds up there that I can leave on, as markers so I can find it!

Regards the bar, the Thule ones can be adjusted so the clamps sit very close to the roof itself so dont stop the door closing properly. It's a bit of a faff, but it's possible. Considering that this bar was for a Proton hatchback, it fits the truck perfectly.

Comment

In fact, looking for the car after an organised fireworks display the other night was a bit of a nightmare so I might put a couple of leds up there that I can leave on, as markers so I can find it!

were you parked amongst a carpark full of 20 foot high Surfs then?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Have you got those wheel spacers fitted yet?
                      Haven't done that. The jury's still out on that one.

Would be nicer if the tyres did protrude further though. You know how narrow our road is, and how you need to park very close to walls? Well, I cant see the $$$$$$ walls any more now the truck is so much higher than them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        were you parked amongst a carpark full of 20 foot high Surfs then?
                        Very very dark. I was on the three counties showground. You may have driven past it on one of your visits. There's no lighting at all in the car park.

Comment

i have used 6 55w lamps but used very very thick cable i think its rated upto 60amps but if i decide to put bigger bulbs in i need to go through a second relay trying to upload a pic of mine but not sure how to do it
                          looks good though

Comment

Originally posted by benyetinyahoo
                            i have used 6 55w lamps but used very very thick cable i think its rated upto 60amps but if i decide to put bigger bulbs in i need to go through a second relay trying to upload a pic of mine but not sure how to do it
                            looks good though

Scroll down the page when you're typing a post, you should see a box that says manage attatchments.

Comment

sorted thanks still gettin used to these forums well this is my 4x4 just ordered a nice arb winch bumber and a winch cant wait to get stuck lol

Comment

Working...
                              X