Admiral insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral insurance

I didn't renew with admiral this year, but they decided to renew it anyway...
    first i knew was when i got a letter saying they were cancelling for non payment... i ignored that cos i didn't have any insurance!
    then they wanted money for the portion of the year tyhat they had insured me... (which i didn't ask for)
    i phoned and argued, i don't have a SORN notice cos it's still taxed.
    so i transferred insurance off my other car, sent that to them and heard no more.

now, MONTHS LATER... they want money again!... it's just over £100... but i don't wanna pay £100 for nothing!!

any ideas??

they want proof that the vehicle was off the road, but i can't prove it!
    (can't see that it's any of their business if it was off the road or not!...)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Tell them to balls. Unless you actually asked them to renew your policy,
    it's their problem. Just stick to your guns and tell them to naff off.

Comment

i thought you had to confirm with them in order to carry on the policy.Each year Lifesure send me a renewal notice and if they don't hear anything from me then they will stop the policy so i will tell Admiral to stick it where the sun don't shine
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        I didn't renew with admiral this year, but they decided to renew it anyway...
        first i knew was when i got a letter saying they were cancelling for non payment... i ignored that cos i didn't have any insurance!
        then they wanted money for the portion of the year tyhat they had insured me... (which i didn't ask for)
        i phoned and argued, i don't have a SORN notice cos it's still taxed.
        so i transferred insurance off my other car, sent that to them and heard no more.

now, MONTHS LATER... they want money again!... it's just over £100... but i don't wanna pay £100 for nothing!!

any ideas??

they want proof that the vehicle was off the road, but i can't prove it!
        (can't see that it's any of their business if it was off the road or not!...)

Just send them a photo of it parked on the drive!
        A simple responce to a dumb request!

Comment

i thought it was all done with months ago!... d'oh!

the girl from the collections company understands exactly what i mean, but Admiral use "indian?" call cantres, so they just stick to their script!

trouble is, the collection company can't do anything without me getting info and names from admiral!

Comment

Renewal

Just got a letter from direct line telling me that my renewal (£200 cheaper) than last year is automatic unless I inform them not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round
              Just got a letter from direct line telling me that my renewal (£200 cheaper) than last year is automatic unless I inform them not to.
              that's what mine was... i'd had a new credit card so i didn't bother telling them the new number cos i didn't want to renew!

Comment

I had a problem with NU direct (another with Indian call centres)

Got their customer services addy in the UK, wrote a nice letter threatening watchdog & problem solved

Although not sure if that would work if you didn't tell them at the time you didn't want to renew - just write them a really long letter detailing all the conversations you have had so far & see what happens

Comment

I usually ask them why they haven't actioned my letter of .......

and then threaten to bill them if they keep wasting my time

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man]I didn't renew with admiral this year, but they decided to renew it anyway...

Hey da Slug man, Tell em to not presume anything if future !!!!!
                    You'll look in ya Crystal Ball in stead ......
                    As for there Terms & Conditions........Quote yours... "If i need your Insurance Cover I'll call ya OK"

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see em sneeking up on ya !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Renewal

Hi

Most insurance credit agreements (including Finsure who we use)are 'continuous' and automatically renew unless the client cancels the agreement or rings the broker/company to advise the policy is to lapse.

It should be stated in the credit agreement when you take it out so check it carefully.

Gary
                      Lifesure Group
                      Lifesure Group
                      www.lifesure.co.uk
                      0871 7261235

Comment

Working...
                      X