• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy day.....

Had a busy day today.

Well,i got some of my check list ticked off

Started off removing front AR bar.
    Removed air-con radiator and fan. (Dont know what to do with dangly bits??)
    Made up brackets for chassis to take new rear bumper.

Don't know what the last picture is?? it wasn't connected to anything,just attatched to back of grill,any ideas?????
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf
    Had a busy day today.

Well,i got some of my check list ticked off

Started off removing front AR bar.
    Removed air-con radiator and fan. (Dont know what to do with dangly bits??)
    Made up brackets for chassis to take new rear bumper.

Don't know what the last picture is?? it wasn't connected to anything,just attatched to back of grill,any ideas?????
    That cable in the last pic may be the original cable for the spots if it was tucked behind the grill.Don't forget to tape up any loose cables and tuck out the way.Look forward to seeing the end product
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Looks like the end of the breather pipe for the aircon fan motors which comes up to behind the battery
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        That cable in the last pic may be the original cable for the spots if it was tucked behind the grill.Don't forget to tape up any loose cables and tuck out the way.Look forward to seeing the end product
        Found the original cable for spots,it's in a corrugated duct.

The thing in the last pic seems like a wee narrow hose thingy,but don't know what its for?????

Even had time for a picy next to a dinky disco.

Comment

sorry i only looked at it quickly and thought it was one of those cable plugs

Note to self look proper at pics b4 typing $$$$
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
            Looks like the end of the breather pipe for the aircon fan motors which comes up to behind the battery
            Ah that might be it. It was close to where the air con pipe leads to on the near side.

What about the air con pipes??? Do i trace them back and try get rid??
            Do i take the belt off that drives the air con pump???

So many questions so little time!!!!
            Last edited by smiffy; 5 November 2006, 20:28.

Comment

Found the original cable for spots,it's in a corrugated duct.

The thing in the last pic seems like a wee narrow hose thingy,but don't know what its for?????

Even had time for a picy next to a dinky disco.
              now that really looks BAD ASS with no rear bumper.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

I must say that after removing the rear antiroll bar i am not happy with it , i think i am going to have to look around for some detachable links
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  I must say that after removing the rear antiroll bar i am not happy with it , i think i am going to have to look around for some detachable links
                  Why? What's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    Why? What's wrong?
                    I too am not happy with ride since removing front ARB. Noticed most when going around large roundabouts - it skips around, never used to, front one in going back on.

Remove the air con compressor - 4 bolts - and the big bracket that adjusts it - and the belt (I just cut mine off) - trace the pipes and remove them as well, they're a bit of a pain but gives you that bit of extra room in the engine bay. Taking compressor off leaves a large 'hole' in the engine bay. Yes, that is the alternator you can see!

Or you can do the on-board air mod with the air con compressor - http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/v...at=3&submit=Go
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Cheers for advice guys.

Is it possible just to leave the air con compressor attatched and just cut the belt.??? So it's nor been driven???

Also after taking air-con rad out and guard am i leaving my underneath exposed to dammage??? Is the bottom of rad in danger???

Not realy had the truck out a run since having both AR bars removed. Didn't notice any difference on road with the rear removed.

Comment

I removed my air con rad and bash plate and haven't managed to damage anything, Yet!!! the only thing is the front cross member and diff and all the stuff round there gets caked and it's a pain in the butt to clean.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                          I too am not happy with ride since removing front ARB. Noticed most when going around large roundabouts - it skips around, never used to, front one in going back on.
                          Front one, or lack of, is more noticeable than no rear on handling. Even then,
                          though, it's not excessive. Both mine are off, and in all honesty, it was more
                          spongey and twitchy round corners with the old springs and shocks and ARB's
                          on than it is now with the new springs, shocks and ARB's removed. Saying
                          that, however, I'm still running a standard height Surf.

Comment

Is it possible just to leave the air con compressor attatched and just cut the belt.??? So it's nor been driven??? CORRECT

Also after taking air-con rad out and guard am i leaving my underneath exposed to dammage??? Is the bottom of rad in danger??? JUST PUT THE BASH PLATE BACK ON
                            OKEY DOKEY
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                            X