Lose wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose wire

Whilst playing under the hood (ok bonnet) this morning , I came across a lose wire which I think has come adrift from the top of what I think is the aircon pump, top offside of the engine. There appears to be a plug in connector without anything attached which is joined to the other end of the connector which has two wires coming out of it. You guys confused, cos I am . Could this be the reason that the aircon hasn't been working since January? Please!!!! dont ask for pictures, haven worked out how to post them yet

Spoggle

I have a loose wire in the same sort of area, but couldn't work out where it was from, so it's now tucked down the side of the battery out the way with no ill effects, but i don't got air-con, i removed it when it decided to drop all the refrigerant over the drive.

You're in the right area for the air-con pump though. it's driven by the highest pulley on that side of the engine, just next to the battery.

I you wanna email us a pic i'll have a look and if i can't work it out i'll post it on here for someone else to look at.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

having removed my air con punp about 50 times in the last few days i think i know which wire your talking about. mine runs with, i think, the temp sender wire which runs from one side of the engine bay to the other. if it is the one for the air con it connects to a conector on top of the air con pump about 2 inches back from the pully on the front. it sit between the two screw off caps the cover the air con regassing ports. Hope that is of some help
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
        having removed my air con punp about 50 times in the last few days i think i know which wire your talking about. mine runs with, i think, the temp sender wire which runs from one side of the engine bay to the other. if it is the one for the air con it connects to a conector on top of the air con pump about 2 inches back from the pully on the front. it sit between the two screw off caps the cover the air con regassing ports. Hope that is of some help

Sounds like the one mate, any idea what it's for

Spoggle

Comment

i think its something to do with the clutch on the pump that engages to allow the aircon to work.
          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
          X