automatic surf ye or ney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic surf ye or ney

i have recently joined the formums and been asking about my turbo cos i broke it and some one has said to me 'you should not use automatic for 4x4' is this true or does it not matter or is there pros and cons against it thanks be good if i can find out

Originally posted by benyetinyahoo
    i have recently joined the formums and been asking about my turbo cos i broke it and some one has said to me 'you should not use automatic for 4x4' is this true or does it not matter or is there pros and cons against it thanks be good if i can find out
    B****

autos are as good of road if not better
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Just in case you missed my reply to your other turbo thread............

Is you turbo definitely knackered, what are the symptoms?

Comment

just take a look through the offroad section and you will see for yourself how good the auto's are.
        I organised a run to the sun in september and we had a off road day and invited a local 4x4 club and they all laughed when they saw the surfs coming down the track and at the end of the day a few of them came up to us and said how surprised they were at where people were taking their surfs and how well they performed.It's all down to personal preferance but i found the surf was a hell of a lot better on the course we were at
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

people i know used to swear by manuals for offroading ie hunting etc not play
          they drove my trooper (auto)now they dont want manuals, one even bought my trooper

some of the trucks that went on the surf run were bog standard ,mine even had slicks lol
          Last edited by joker??; 4 November 2006, 00:40.
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

its good to know it will perform i have been up a few steep hills on the local mountain and through some mud but there is not alot to do in n.wales so i'm on the look out if any 1 knows of places near by

Comment

its good to know it will perform i have been up a few steep hills on the local mountain and through some mud but there is not alot to do in n.wales so i'm on the look out if any 1 knows of places near by
              a bit of a way off yet but next summer i will be doing another RTTS so if you fancy a w/end down here camping/caravan and a days off roading then keep an eye out in the off road section after xmas when i will start to organise it.All family and dogs welcome at the campsite and offroading

Comment

that sound really good fun but its quite a way from n.wales a good 5 or 6 hours away but hey i might feel adventurious by then lol

Comment

that sound really good fun but its quite a way from n.wales a good 5 or 6 hours away but hey i might feel adventurious by then lol
                  we had the lovelyboyo from s/wales gary from kent joker from london tonyn & linda from basingstokeplus a few others

Comment

well maybe may just have to join you all sod the fuel costs lol i take it its a fun weekend and by then i'm hoping to have my winch bumper and winch to haul me out of places and when you see the surf going though deep mud puddles does it leak into the inside my back door seal is not very good atall

Comment

I don't know about offroad, but the Icelandic swear by autos for driving through the snow. They do hunt, but you can stick 'em in a particular gear if you want to control a descent or whatever, same as a manual.

Autos are as good as manuals, they're just more boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        I don't know about offroad, but the Icelandic swear by autos for driving through the snow. They do hunt, but you can stick 'em in a particular gear if you want to control a descent or whatever, same as a manual.

Autos are as good as manuals, they're just more boring.

Autos are brilliant if you left leg was blown off by a landmine in 'Nam!

Comment

i think the cheltenham bomb disposal team have found them all now...
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Autos are brilliant if you left leg was blown off by a landmine in 'Nam!
                            "Every day I sit in this room, I get softer. Every day Charlie squats in the bush he gets harder..."
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                              "Every day I sit in this room, I get softer. Every day Charlie squats in the bush he gets harder..."
                              You saying Chillitt's been squatting in a bush.......getting harder?

What's next to the bush? Sheds?

Comment

Working...
                              X