yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More money disappearing from your pocket....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Or *BSD Unix if you really want to go the full hog. Must admit, I've
    switched back to a M$ machine in the house, (wench wanted to play
    the blo0dy Sims), and that's the worst part to get used to. The fact
    that you can get affected by virii and trojans again. I really hate this
    O.S. And trying to find a decent e-mail client for windows, just don't
    get me started.
    so, what's wrong with the stuff it comes with??
    i just use outlook express with mailwasher for email... and AVG for virus... never had any problems??
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      so, what's wrong with the stuff it comes with??
      i just use outlook express with mailwasher for email... and AVG for virus... never had any problems??
      When you start wanting things like proper, (not the half arsed attempt
      most clients use) multiple account support, full views of the headers
      without having to jump through hoops with hidden options to get them,
      resilience to html/clsid and just about every other scripting exploit that
      windoze machines seem to love in e-mail.............

The list goes on. Plus, a lot of the *nix clients either aren't ported or
      lose some functionality within windoze, provided they work correctly at
      all. Not fun.

Oh yep, forgot to add, I hate Outlook with a vengeance. Biggest piece
      of tatware humanly imagineable.

Comment

don't think i need any of that... so... i must be ok??
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

don't think i need any of that... so... i must be ok??
          Yup. Although, using something a bit more secure and resilient never hurts.
          Thunderbird is apparently a decent one. Personally, I like Sylpheed, but I can't
          even get that to run correctly across roaming profiles, mapped drives and such.
          For single locally stored accounts, they're both nice alternatives on windoze.
          Last edited by MattF; 4 November 2006, 14:24.

Comment

Thunderbird works for me! No email problems since ditching Outlook.
            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              When you start wanting things like proper, (not the half arsed attempt
              most clients use) multiple account support, full views of the headers
              without having to jump through hoops with hidden options to get them,
              resilience to html/clsid and just about every other scripting exploit that
              windoze machines seem to love in e-mail.............

The list goes on. Plus, a lot of the *nix clients either aren't ported or
              lose some functionality within windoze, provided they work correctly at
              all. Not fun.

Oh yep, forgot to add, I hate Outlook with a vengeance. Biggest piece
              of tatware humanly imagineable.

Linux still has its virus vunerabilites...admittedly far far less than Microsoft....anyone used Lindows [supposed to be able to support both OP Systems]
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                Linux still has its virus vunerabilites...admittedly far far less than Microsoft....anyone used Lindows [supposed to be able to support both OP Systems]
                Last time I checked, seem to remember there only being about three for *nix.
                And I think two of those needed some form of user interaction to work.

Never tried Lindows, but everything I heard about it sounds like it's a bit of
                everything, but not very good at anything. Bit like the saying: Jack of all
                trades, master of none.

Comment

and even worse!... AVG anti virus free isn't gonna be free from 15th Jan 2007!!

OMG!!
                  That's because it's been upgraded to V7.5 which is still FREE. If you've had a message from AVG then it should have contained a link to the download site for V7.5. I've already upgraded and it's still great.
                  Mike G

Comment

HIya
                    getting back to the question of money going from the old sky rocket(Nov 5th pun,,,get it !) Anyway I just got back from Blackpool and went on the toll M6..£3.50 each way ,,, going there paid the toll and a couple of miles down the road got into a jam ,,road works ,,,what a joke,,, some express way that I thought, still the ol surf did well 851 kilometers on just over a tank and a quarter at around 65/70 all the way ....except for the ffffing jam... ho hum

Comment

New fees http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...ads_613346.doc

Comment

Working...
                      X