Time for new tyres, just how big tho?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for new tyres, just how big tho?

Time for new tyres and as I have a milner 50mm lift, can my 3rd gen accomadate 275, 75, 16's or 33, 10.5, 16's. Bigger than the originals?
    Local quick fit have a special offer on Pirreli AT's @25% off
    If I opt for the 33" ones, will a further suspension block kit be neede/suffice or will I have to fork out for a set of ES9000's 3" over to allow clearence?

Do I have to go to the bank, cap in hand, wringing motion. Or is the suspension blocks a viable option?

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Rule of thumb is 4'' of lift to get 33'' tyres on.

You've done the body +2". If you crank the front torsion bars 2'' you should drop the front diff an inch to take stress of the cv joints. You will need +2'' shocks = £35 each.

Back - you can fit spring spacers or longer springs or land cruiser springs. You should fit +2'' shocks and you should fit a drop kit for the panhard rod.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Get some 33's on- you know you want too!

Comment

3rd gen is struts not torsion bars , if I remember , so blocks maybe the only choice .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          3rd gen is struts not torsion bars , if I remember , so blocks maybe the only choice .
          yep.

i got 2" body lift and 2" suspension to fit 33's on... erm... or have i got 35's??... i can't remember!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            yep.

i got 2" body lift and 2" suspension to fit 33's on... erm... or have i got 35's??... i can't remember!

33" Cooper discovery sst if I remember.

Comment

Working...
            X