31" tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31" tires

hi all, does anyone know if 31's will fit on standard suspension and maybe just rub a litle when making turns
    cheers all

Not with normal offset wheels.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Not with normal offset wheels.
      Would an offset of 10 rather than 8 cause rubbing?

Comment

I've seen 31's on bigger offset than that, pickup wheels are about -15mm, and they fit fine.

Comment

offset?

so which offset will work if any? does the offset make the wheels wider apart?

Comment

Originally posted by bonzi
            so which offset will work if any? does the offset make the wheels wider apart?
            The standard Surf rims are 8's.

Cheers Tony. Just double checking those LC rims wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Offset is how off center the hub to the middle of the rim, - offset push the wheel out, + go the other way.

To much - offset will rub on the bumper end and bulkhead, to much + and the rim will hit the wishbones or chassis rail.

I think standard Surf offset is about -7 or 8, they have OFFSET 7 (or 8) cast into the rim.

Pickups have narrower axles, so need more offset to get the same wheel truck width, they are -15 or so for 8" rims

This means fitting pickup spec wheels will move the wheels out filling the arches nicely, without needing wheel spacers.

Comment

excellent info

Cheers for the offset info found a set of 31's with offset of 10 thinking of trying them on for size

Comment

my road tyres are offset of -20 i think and didnt rub on standard setup
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                  X