Dampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    i do appologise for the niggly q's but i want to make sure i get everything right to start and not have to return parts that are no good

no worries! im thinking of knocking up a set of diff spacers as well mate, but dont think you want to go more than 2 inches on the torsion bars. but i am probably wrong! if you can i will definatly be doing it!
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
      no worries! im thinking of knocking up a set of diff spacers as well mate, but dont think you want to go more than 2 inches on the torsion bars. but i am probably wrong! if you can i will definatly be doing it!

Yeah, any more and they just become solid bars of steel and you get no front suspension.

Comment

Ok thanks guys.So if i crank the front 2" will the +3" shocks be ok
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ok thanks guys.So if i crank the front 2" will the +3" shocks be ok
          not sure, tony is the man to know. i know im +4 rear with a +3 lift and all is well mate. cant imagine it would make too much difference. but i'd ask the man!

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

1 1/2" is the figure thats touted around the web as the max for CV angles, I'd deffo get manual hubs ( :pimp : PS I can get Warm Premium Hubs for not much more than Milners cheapees now :/pimp: ) if your pushing that figure higher.

Diff drop spacers will let you get more lift but keeping the CV's happy.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              1 1/2" is the figure thats touted around the web as the max for CV angles, I'd deffo get manual hubs ( :pimp : PS I can get Warm Premium Hubs for not much more than Milners cheapees now :/pimp: ) if your pushing that figure higher.

Right i will wait till i get my compensation thru b4 i go the route of man hubs and going higher then.
              Tony could you order the +3" shocks then for the rear and +2" for the front then and if so can you let me know how you would like payment and when.Thanks all for your input

P.s i have got diff spacers on order aswell

Comment

I'd deffo get manual hubs ( :pimp : PS I can get Warm Premium Hubs for not much more than Milners cheapees now :/pimp: )
                Really warm, or just normal warm?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Really warm, or just normal warm?

If he can get them as cheap as Milners, they must be 'hot!'

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Downward travel on the axle is limited by the top control arm and fuel tank clearance on the drivers side anyway, see pic.
                    This might be a stupid question, but couldn't a cranked control arm be used
                    to give more clearance between it and the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      If he can get them as cheap as Milners, they must be 'hot!'

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        This might be a stupid question, but couldn't a cranked control arm be used
                        to give more clearance between it and the tank?

Dunno mate. Rigidity could be an issue as it holds the axle and the forces acting on it in check.
                        Maybe relocate the fuel tank a bit further towards the front on the truck with an extended filler neck might be a better solution.

Comment

Thats WARN!

oops!

Comment

Right i will wait till i get my compensation thru b4 i go the route of man hubs and going higher then.
                            Tony could you order the +3" shocks then for the rear and +2" for the front then and if so can you let me know how you would like payment and when.Thanks all for your input

P.s i have got diff spacers on order aswell
                            OK, I'll sort it out.

Comment

OK, I'll sort it out.

Thanks Tony give me a shout for payment etc

Comment

Working...
                              X