Milliband Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milliband Madness

Looks like all 4x4 are going to be a thing of the past for most low income owners, looks like the new green road tax will shoot up to around the £600 pound mark for heavy polluting veichles

Originally posted by RAPTOR
    Looks like all 4x4 are going to be a thing of the past for most low income owners, looks like the new green road tax will shoot up to around the £600 pound mark for heavy polluting veichles
    1. Source?
    2. What has this got to do with 4x4s?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

If we all run our Surfs on veg oil, them pollution tax won't affect us.

Comment

sky news, BBC news......do i need to go on!!!!!
        Originally posted by Slugsie
        1. Source?
        2. What has this got to do with 4x4s?

Comment

They are really starting to get on my t1ts with it now, I wish they would take a look at an atlas or globe or google earth and look at the UK.
          We are a tiny island, a speck compared to the rest of the world, how the hell is raising our taxes going to make one jot of difference to pollution in the world in general, it's just money grabbing in the guise of "saving the earth".
          Another point, if I were to sc rap my 12 year old car and go for a more "efficient" model, how much energy would have been saved in melting it down and producing another one?
          Maybe I should sell my caravan and start flying abroad for my holidays.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

sky news, BBC news......do i need to go on!!!!!

Maybe not, but it's usually nice to provide at least one link to a news source without having to force us to go searching.

Looking at the BBC coverage, there is no mention of 4x4s (although the article does picture a BMW X5). Any tax hike will hit the same vehicles that are currently hit by the £205 tax bracket, so we are OK.

However there are a whole bunch of things that seem to be being proposed that are election losers. So there is no way that something of this magnitude will come in in the form proposed.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

The tax bracket will increase significantly for all gas guzzling cars, i read and article in the daily Mail yesterday and it quoted a Vauxhall Zafira could have a Tax bill of around the £620 pound mark...so if thats not a worry what is...not saying it will happen but food for thought.
              Maybe not, but it's usually nice to provide at least one link to a news source without having to force us to go searching.

Looking at the BBC coverage, there is no mention of 4x4s (although the article does picture a BMW X5). Any tax hike will hit the same vehicles that are currently hit by the £205 tax bracket, so we are OK.

However there are a whole bunch of things that seem to be being proposed that are election losers. So there is no way that something of this magnitude will come in in the form proposed.

Comment

The tax bracket will increase significantly for all gas guzzling cars, i read and article in the daily Mail yesterday and it quoted a Vauxhall Zafira could have a Tax bill of around the £620 pound mark...so if thats not a worry what is...not saying it will happen but food for thought.
                I wouldn't believe anything that the Mail prints. One of their articles on the recent change in legislation regarding child seats contained some so called 'facts' about the new rules that were down-right lies (and disproven in about 1 minute by visiting the Dept for Transports web site).

However, just like the £205 tax bracket, any new change will most likely only affect newer cars (post 2001 IIRC).
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

i do hope you are right Slugsie, it seems things are going from bad to worse in theis country, there even thinking about a £1000 pound fine if you do not let council tax inspectors into your home, this is going to happen to around 21 million homes to check that you not cheating the system., heres the link

http://www.davidjonesmp.org.uk/recor...cchNews&ID=400
                  I wouldn't believe anything that the Mail prints. One of their articles on the recent change in legislation regarding child seats contained some so called 'facts' about the new rules that were down-right lies (and disproven in about 1 minute by visiting the Dept for Transports web site).

However, just like the £205 tax bracket, any new change will most likely only affect newer cars (post 2001 IIRC).

Comment

i do hope you are right Slugsie, it seems things are going from bad to worse in theis country, there even thinking about a £1000 pound fine if you do not let council tax inspectors into your home, this is going to happen to around 21 million homes to check that you not cheating the system., heres the link

http://www.davidjonesmp.org.uk/recor...cchNews&ID=400

Time to get a passport methinks!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Time for a revolution. Someone needs to remind the government that they are there for us, not the other way round.

One of the few things that I admire the French for, if their government starts acting like idiots, then the populace has a tendancy to rise up and act.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Time for a revolution. Someone needs to remind the government that they are there for us, not the other way round.

One of the few things that I admire the French for, if their government starts acting like idiots, then the populace has a tendancy to rise up and act.

Ooh, a bit of guerrilla warfare, where do I sign up?

How strange that in the past we fought to save our country from invaders, and now we're fighting to save it from the people that are supposed to be looking after it!

Comment

Time to get one or renew now - before you are forced to go on the National Identity Register to get one.
                          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

NewLabours latest motto " DO NOT STEAL THE GOVERMENT DOES NOT LIKE THE COMPETITION".

i do admire the french for there stance against the things they do not agree with. we just sit back and take it on the chin.

Ooh, a bit of guerrilla warfare, where do I sign up?

How strange that in the past we fought to save our country from invaders, and now we're fighting to save it from the people that are supposed to be looking after it!

Comment

Vive la France! The FRENCH people have the right idea as they stick together in their Protests. Us british are too SOFT
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X