tropical fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tropical fish

does any one else on here keep tropical fish,i have a 500ltr tank.i keep lake malawi cichlids,its so nice to come home at the end of a hard day and sit down a watch the fish just swim around,so relaxing.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by vatchman
    does any one else on here keep tropical fish,i have a 500ltr tank.i keep lake malawi cichlids,its so nice to come home at the end of a hard day and sit down a watch the fish just swim around,so relaxing.
    we used to keep tropicals a few years back and it is so relaxing when you come home from a hard day/night and sit there watching them.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

yeah ive got one at my girlfriends house... nothing better than watching tv and fish tank together! mostly i prefer the tank to the TV.
      we have loads of different fish in there.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

heres a few piccys of ours

www.overfab.uk

Comment

lazy sod aint you got nothing to do on your truck ?/
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Very nice mate.

I have 3 tanks (used to have 12, but we needed the room for stock storage) and only have a 12" Redhead Cichlid in an 800 litre tank, an 8" Xingu 3 (a wildcaught pike cichlid) in a 200 litre and an old 8" female Jaguar in another 200 litre.

I have a load of tanks between about 50 litres and 200 litres for free if anyone wants one / some. Oviously would need to be collected.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

nope.
              Originally posted by joker??
              lazy sod aint you got nothing to do on your truck ?/
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

we've had lots of tropical fish over the last few years. however since my sister moved out (finally) and took the larger of her 2 tanks with her, leaving me with the smaller one, the numbers have dropped. right now we just have the easy ones - guppies mostly and a couple of tetras, oh and a growing population of snails!! - but in the past we've had siamese fighters, gouramis, platties, catfish, harlequins... even managed to get the angel fish to have babies!!

i cant watch the tank for too long or else it makes me need the loo

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Very nice mate.

I have 3 tanks (used to have 12, but we needed the room for stock storage) and only have a 12" Redhead Cichlid in an 800 litre tank, an 8" Xingu 3 (a wildcaught pike cichlid) in a 200 litre and an old 8" female Jaguar in another 200 litre.
                  wow,they must take some looking after.got any pics
                  Last edited by surfenstein; 28 October 2006, 18:08.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

we used to have 3 breeding pairs of cichlids until we asked my so called mother to look after them while we went on holiday to come home and find about 4" of silt in the tanks and all the young dead which we were selling to a local shop and the 3 pairs dead we were gutted so we got rid of everything we had left
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I inherited some about 6 months back , and all was fine untill last week. The kids kept pestering me to get some more fish , so off we went to the local garden centre where they have a good selection of tropical fish. My little girl liked the neon tetras and as they have good colour to them and the fact that it was buy 4 and get 1 free i thought i would get 8 of them and get two free. All was well the first day , no problems , other fish looked happy with the new arrivals , no fin biting etc. Next morning , got up early to start work, checked the fish and guess what ? only 1 tetra left & lots of discarded corpses of tetras floating about the tank half mauled. After some time i noticed the large angel fish that i have was chasing the remaining tetra all over the tank. The angel fish is the largest fish i have in the tank and looks impressive because of his size , but untill now have never really looked closely at them, the more i study him the more evil he looks, them big round eyes staring back at me , and he even looks miserable . It's strange but now i find myself gazing into the tank and notice that some of the fish do have a certain character about them and get quite mesmorised by them. Infact , i'm now trying to persuade the better half so i - i mean the kids can get a biiger tank !! And yes it so calming to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Very nice mate.

I have a load of tanks between about 50 litres and 200 litres for free if anyone wants one / some. Oviously would need to be collected.

I might grab one off you if im passing one time as I want to start my own tank at home. we inherited the one at my girlfriends from her brother and one original fish now 5 years old still lives on but I want to start a tank from scratch really and make it dark with bright plants.

do they have space for lights etc? I dont know a whole lot as the one we have has an all in one pump/filtration system..
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I used to have a 6ftx2ftx2ft tank full of marine fish but this house has timber floors and the front aint big enough for it...When we calculated the weight with the water sand etc it would of come in at over 2 ton so it was not viable to put it up here. Now all i got is a large free standing cattle bath that you see in the garden centres with Koi carp in.....

You should of seen my tame Volatan Lionfish he was that tame i used to feed him by hand and rear black mollies to keep him amused.
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
                            I used to have a 6ftx2ftx2ft tank full of marine fish but this house has timber floors and the front aint big enough for it...When we calculated the weight with the water sand etc it would of come in at over 2 ton so it was not viable to put it up here. Now all i got is a large free standing cattle bath that you see in the garden centres with Koi carp in.....

You should of seen my tame Volatan Lionfish he was that tame i used to feed him by hand and rear black mollies to keep him amused.
                            cool.we wanted a marine tank ,but they take up a hell of a lot of your time,so i was told,everything has got to be just right,so that put us off and we went for the cichlids
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

cool.we wanted a marine tank ,but they take up a hell of a lot of your time,so i was told,everything has got to be just right,so that put us off and we went for the cichlids
                              Someone tellin you Porkies

Once you have done all the prep work its plain sailing in that you keep an eye on the salt gravity and keep on top of the water changes and water conditions it only takes ten mins a day for the primary checks. The bigger the tank the easier it is...

The easiest way to get things to a habitable condition is to put living rock into the system to seed the filters but dont do the fatal mistake in over stocking the system and also a gradual increase of stock otherwise the filters will not cope..Its allways best to have too large a filter than just enough. IE twice what you need.
                              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                              X