No announcement yet.

just cut down some trees-the root of the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's some stuff you can get stuff called Root-out (I think) from garden centres. You drill a large hole into the centre of the stump and pour these crystals in and they turn the roots to mush.

Comment

If they are conifers or of the pine family pinus they will cot grow from the stump again . this is because they do not produce epicormic growth .. just bore a hole in the centre or the stump i use a chain saw and fill with derv . and plug .. it will soon rot
      nick 1 step in front of you

Comment

If you just want the stumps dead cut a lump out of the centre of them using the nose of a chainsaw at a slight angle and fill with deisel, once absorbed you may refill if you wish.
        If you want them removed completely cut to near ground level and hire stump cutter from tool hire which grinds stump away, even working below ground level, it really is an easy and safe method.

Cheers.........Johnny

Comment

As above drill and fill with dzl or go to the local hire company and get a stump grinder for the weekend. Nowt more pleasing than grinding yer stump.

Comment

Originally posted by kameeleon
            Drill loads of holes as deep as possible. Fill the holes with water and strong bleach. I also know of someone who hired a JCB and driver for the morning and had the stumps ripped out by the roots!
            A bit drastic but saved an awful lot of manual digging.
            You beat me to it- auger out some holes and fill with Domestos. Kills 99.9% of all known trees.

Ps- used my Surf to pull out some old stumps- was in the front garden though!

Comment

Working...
            X