advise please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise please

Hi can anyone tell me if the screw on 17" wiperblade from milners will fit my rear wiper? i dont have one at the mo but it looks like it needs to be the screw on type.
    alos i want to do a filter change and see that milners do a filter pack (oil, fuel and air) for a tenner (subject to vat and p+p) do i need to get a new sump washer or can i use the old one. I think they were only 50p so is it worth getting one and changing anyway? is there anything else i need to get to change said filters?

can anyone advise which manual to get so i can get some idea of how to go about all this, I kind of know what i am doing but would like something to fall back on incase i get stuck.

any help will be much appreciated and i can wait to get started tinkering with my truck! just need to get these dam nights over with!!!

Oh I forgot to ask about an aerial, the motor seems to work as in i can here it trying to move the aerial when i turn the radio on or off but as it is bent it goes no were. So the question is does anywere know where i can get a repalcement? found a mast only one at milners but it was for the Ln160, will it fit my Ln130?
    Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 27 October 2006, 04:43.
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
    Hi can anyone tell me if the screw on 17" wiperblade from milners will fit my rear wiper? i dont have one at the mo but it looks like it needs to be the screw on type.
    alos i want to do a filter change and see that milners do a filter pack (oil, fuel and air) for a tenner (subject to vat and p+p) do i need to get a new sump washer or can i use the old one. I think they were only 50p so is it worth getting one and changing anyway? is there anything else i need to get to change said filters?

can anyone advise which manual to get so i can get some idea of how to go about all this, I kind of know what i am doing but would like something to fall back on incase i get stuck.

any help will be much appreciated and i can wait to get started tinkering with my truck! just need to get these dam nights over with!!!

Oh I forgot to ask about an aerial, the motor seems to work as in i can here it trying to move the aerial when i turn the radio on or off but as it is bent it goes no were. So the question is does anywere know where i can get a repalcement? found a mast only one at milners but it was for the Ln160, will it fit my Ln130?
    I bought a 'winter pack' type rear wiper blade from my local Toyota dealer for £11, the filters etc came from Roughtrax, replace the sump washer coz it ain't worth not doing it for the price. Roughtrax are a little more money, but from all reports stock better quality gear. Manuals, see the 'For Sale' section on here or ebay. To be honest the manual is not quite like the haynes step by step books, but still useful. Has your cam belt been replaced lately? As for your antenna, you can get a mast only replacement which is the cheaper option, not sure where you can get one (someone will tell you on here) but if it ain't going up or down when you turn the radio on, you may screw the motor, I would not use it until it was fixed to be sure that I save the motor.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers.
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Hello,

This thread is always a good place to start - http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

To change the oil filter - inside drivers side wheel arch - take off flappy rubber skirt thing, remove 4 bolts holding little panel on - hey presto easy access to oil filter. You can also shove a cut down 1.5 ltr pop bottle under it to catch the oil.

To change fuel filter - undo two hoses and sensor (on bottom of pot if you got one) - undo two blots holding complete housing and take the lot off - its a lot easier to undo the filter off the car than on. Careful of the filter - it'll be full of diesel. Leave the outlet hose off when priming the filter.

Air filter is easy.

I never change the oil drain plug washer.

I changed my broken ariel for a Halfords stubby spring loaded one - no more off road damage = £9.99 or use this http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=392&vid=881
      Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 27 October 2006, 10:20.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

thanks for your advice i will get started with it on tuesday!!!
        Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 28 October 2006, 00:57.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I managed to make a standard local motor factors wiper refil fit with the aid of a small flat file. £3! Bargain!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
          X