Bottom Dropped Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Dropped Out

I have been following 4 x 1996 3rd gen Surfs on Ebay ane not one was sold. Three had no bids and one had bids to £3100 on asking price of over £5000.
    Sound s like a good time to buy Surfs and not good time to sell. I would suggest getting phone number of seller and when car does not sell, ring up and offer what you think is fair. I did this on my 3rd Gen which had starting bid of £5750 and when nobody made an offer, called and offered £5000, which was accepted. The car had lots of extras and was as described.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

in the same boat myself, just waiting for the right one, after a 3rd gen 96/97 and have got the wonga ready, also its comming up to crimbo and nobody is buying, but people are selling for the xtra cash that will come in handy this time of year...if you hear of any either pm or just leave a message on here..blue over silver or black over silver with all the trimmings
    all the best

Raptor
    Originally posted by Philip
    I have been following 4 x 1996 3rd gen Surfs on Ebay ane not one was sold. Three had no bids and one had bids to £3100 on asking price of over £5000.
    Sound s like a good time to buy Surfs and not good time to sell. I would suggest getting phone number of seller and when car does not sell, ring up and offer what you think is fair. I did this on my 3rd Gen which had starting bid of £5750 and when nobody made an offer, called and offered £5000, which was accepted. The car had lots of extras and was as described.
    Philip

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
      Philip
      was contemplating buying a 1996 3rd gen seemed about £4 1/2 thou was about right, its a buyers market
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

True..i need to sell mine but the prices now are rediculus as ive done so much work making it perfect
        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

It's getting a bit silly really. I'm nearly ready to sell my 92 2.4, but it seems that (on ebay at least) it'd fetch next to nothing. I know that I could get a fair amount if I broke it, but I just don't have the space/facilities to do that. No idea how to play this.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            It's getting a bit silly really. I'm nearly ready to sell my 92 2.4, but it seems that (on ebay at least) it'd fetch next to nothing. I know that I could get a fair amount if I broke it, but I just don't have the space/facilities to do that. No idea how to play this.
            Ebay isn't a reflection of true market value as most things on there are either put on for a quick sale or relisted over and over until they hit the price the seller wants.

If you've got the space, just advertise it on your drive, on here and in the local paper until someone offers the price you want. As long as you're not being ridiculous, someone will take it eventually. If you're in a hurry, put it on ebay but expect 2 grand at best.

If you have space and don't need the cash keep it, abuse it and run it into the ground.

Comment

I do sort of have space, and I'm in no rush as such. However I could do with releasing the cash that's tied up in it, and I see little point in trying to use the 2.4 when I already have a 3.0. I'd have to arrange insurance among other things. Maybe if I had the space (i.e. a garage) and the cash, I'd look at fitting a fire breathing V8, but that's not really an option.

When I do get round to selling it, it'll be through local ads and Auto Trader, not going to try using ebay.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

I agree. The prices have dropped recently! i managed to get a 1992 Black 2.4 auto for £1700 in fantastic condition!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  I agree. The prices have dropped recently! i managed to get a 1992 Black 2.4 auto for £1700 in fantastic condition!
                  Oh shyte, I think you just depressed a few 2.4 owners on the forum.

I'm going down the 'hold onto it forever' route - hence all the maintenance that its just had.
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I let mine go for £2000 as i needed the space & a friend bought it, I couldnt do with the hastle either
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X