power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power outage

Is it just me where I live or does anybody else in the UK suffer from frequent power cuts.
    just come back online after another two hour power cut
    I must have a dozen or so every year and it's fecking annoying, when you're in the middle of something like putting up a shelf as i was.
    Last time - last month - I had just taken my pressure washer out of storage and set it up to clean some sloppy brickwork when it struck.
    I've even considered buying a diesel genny for these cuts...
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

A few weeks ago I had a power cut for about 10 hours, followed six weeks later by a 27 hr one.

Its up and down here so i have bought a pair of UPS for the office, power surge protectors for all the expensive stuff and put in a new fuse box to separate stuff (had a problem with tripping the mains too).

So, I also have laptops too - and cordless power tools......
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
      Is it just me where I live or does anybody else in the UK suffer from frequent power cuts.
      just come back online after another two hour power cut
      I must have a dozen or so every year and it's fecking annoying, when you're in the middle of something like putting up a shelf as i was.
      Last time - last month - I had just taken my pressure washer out of storage and set it up to clean some sloppy brickwork when it struck.
      I've even considered buying a diesel genny for these cuts...
      its grim up north
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Pay yer 'leccy bills on time!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Pay yer 'leccy bills on time!
          I wondered why my neighbours lights were still on!!
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
            its grim up north
            Yup, but we're smiling because the southerners have you.

Comment

the problem is that the power reserve is down to 15%, so we are going to experience more and longer power cuts until more capacity is built. All the green numptys seem to think that solar power can come on when eastenders finishes, so that cant be the answer, gas is russian roulette where they hold the gun, and coal isnt very 'green' although we still have a considerable amount its not cost effective.

wind power just chops up all the birds as they put them in the natural currents that the migratory birds fly in.

if you want less power cuts, then the only real answer is to either flood Wales and make a massive hyrdo, or more nukes, which is political suicide.

see ya vince!
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                the problem is that the power reserve is down to 15%, so we are going to experience more and longer power cuts until more capacity is built. All the green numptys seem to think that solar power can come on when eastenders finishes, so that cant be the answer, gas is russian roulette where they hold the gun, and coal isnt very 'green' although we still have a considerable amount its not cost effective.

wind power just chops up all the birds as they put them in the natural currents that the migratory birds fly in.

if you want less power cuts, then the only real answer is to either flood Wales and make a massive hyrdo, or more nukes, which is political suicide.

see ya vince!
                There is an alternative, it is sustainable (never ending) and will not require much building work

Build a hot air turbine and use Westminster to power it, after all the place is full of hot air

There is, of course 1 drawback, some poor sod will have to clean it every so often as the filter will get clogged with BS

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Yup, but we're smiling because the southerners have you.

yeah but the goverment want the souv'erners to move up here to use our water cause there supply is running low!!

so we will have to think of somet to contaminate it with, that wil not bov'er us norv'erners any idea's?? somet like bread and dripping??
                  CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

brillant idea!!! i have just found a package i was sending you trev. im off down the posties now! you'll have it tomorrow, i had my bro burn that disc before i went on holiday! im a dumbass mate
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                      yeah but the goverment want the souv'erners to move up here to use our water cause there supply is running low!!

so we will have to think of somet to contaminate it with, that wil not bov'er us norv'erners any idea's?? somet like bread and dripping??
                      stella, them southerners canna tak it!
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                        so we will have to think of somet to contaminate it with, that wil not bov'er us norv'erners any idea's??
                        Kendal Mint Cake ??

Haggis ??

Trev (Southerner licking his lips in anticipation)

Comment

stella, them southerners canna tak it!
                          Nah, I'll settle for King Cobra

Trev

Comment

brillant idea!!! i have just found a package i was sending you trev. im off down the posties now! you'll have it tomorrow, i had my bro burn that disc before i went on holiday! im a dumbass mate
                            Cheers Andrew, thought those light fingered larries at the PO had half inched it

Trev

Comment

if you want less power cuts, then the only real answer is to either flood Wales and make a massive hyrdo......

see ya vince!

I'm not bothered, I live here....

The lovely boyo might be unhappy tho'

Comment

Working...
                              X