Friken scumbags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friken scumbags

My son had the passenger window on his saxo smashed in a car park in Reading, he's up there for a week on an IT course and came back to find it broken into, All they got was the sat nav window sucker, the stupid ba$tards missed a £200 pair of sunglasses in a case, just threw em on the floor of the car, how thick are they? RAC have just been and replaced it, £135, not too bad, got to report it to Thames Vally police as it happened there but i suppose f**kall will come of it, there were CCTV signs in the park but the attendant told him there aint any camera's, useless!!,
    I asked the RAC guy if they stocked screens for the surf as i believe they are the same as the 4 runner, he reccons there not the same and there's a weeks wait as they have to order em from toyota japan so i hope you all got screen cover on yer trucks,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    I asked the RAC guy if they stocked screens for the surf as i believe they are the same as the 4 runner, he reccons there not the same and there's a weeks wait as they have to order em from toyota japan so i hope you all got screen cover on yer trucks,
    Some are the same, some arn't depends on the tint fitted at the factory. Most screens come from Belgium in a day or so.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

May be stating the obvious but they almost certainly targeted his car becuase he left the sat-nav bracket in view - thieves assume (most of the time probably correctly) that the sat-nav is in the glove box or whatever.

I do a lot of work for the police and portable sat-nav theft is a major problem, never, ever leave the bracket in view. At least one force I work for are taking it so seriously that they have a decoy car with a portable sat-nav, they leave it parked up, when someone breaks in it records their every move, then they can track the sat-nav, wait until the scumbag gets back to his car or house and nick him.
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Not guilty me cod lud, the sucker and glasses were in the glove box, there was nowt "in sight" in the car, just oppertunist's i guess, i like what the police are doing, "stinging" the ba$tards,
        I think it's pi$$ poor that one pay's to park in these car parks and there's sod all security at all, afterall they are making a liveing out of these car parks and they should provide secure parking

Comment

ahh, righto, just unlucky then I guess...

The whole thing of car parks not taking any responsibility really p***es me off too, having to pay through the nose to park your car somewhere with absolutely no security. Car parks make enough money they should be forced to have certain levels of security.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

And heres another tip. Carry some wipes with you, wipe the sucker mark off. They see the sucker mark, and in the hope that their may just be a SATNAV in the glovebox, in goes yer window. They get a satnav, great, they dont, well thats ok too for them, but youre window is still busted.

Happened to me a few weeks back, wife had the Surf at work and came out to find the driver side window in, and I dont even own a satnav or a sucker for that matter. they got a bag and two tomato sandwiches, I got the inconvenience and a glass filled surf. On the plus side the windscreen / glass crowd that Adrian Flux use had me a new window in the correct tint the day after next.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

That's wot the police told him Bogus, clean the ring off the glass, but then i'm thinkin if they see a small clean patch of screen,,,,, know what i mean, how far do you go? I hope the tomato sandwiches gave em the $hits, i'd like to rig a car up with explosives for when the bleeder's break in, and blow their hand's off, that'd stop em touching other peoples stuff again

Comment

im taking me windscreen out just in case
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                  im taking me windscreen out just in case
                  Do a Mr Bean, hasp and staple on the door's and take the steering wheel with you,

Comment

Working...
                  X