Don't do this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't do this.

Put 25 ltrs unleaded in diesel Surf. Just paid Maypole garage in Surbiton,£179.78 i Hour labour £128.00 and to rub it in more £15.00 to dispose of petrol and they put £10.00 diesel in. Not much i could do about it on a Sunday evening, but still think its a rip off as garage was open as they were ding an MOT which i am sure didn't cost £128 per hour.
    Won't let that happen again.
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

should have got it towed home. and done it yourself theres a drain plug on the tanks.

but man that was a costly 25ltrs.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
      should have got it towed home. and done it yourself theres a drain plug on the tanks.

but man that was a costly 25ltrs.

Or just filled the rest of the tank up to the brim with diesel.

Comment

MOT = £44 thats wot the UK Gov rekon is a fair price for 1 hours work, go back and burn the garage & eat the owner the law is on your side!

Comment

Thought you would have nipped into supermarket and topped up with veg?.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
            MOT = £44 thats wot the UK Gov rekon is a fair price for 1 hours work, go back and burn the garage & eat the owner the law is on your side!
            cost me less than that for an MOT last week.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The unleaded will have been "disposed of" into the mechanics own fuel tank, my son's a mechanic and works just around the corner from a petrol station they do it all the time.
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

I did think about veg oil, but on a Sunday night pouring with rain, one dog and one friend to take home, in the car,with no shops around, i had not much choice.
                Only myself to blame.
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                  I did think about veg oil, but on a Sunday night pouring with rain, one dog and one friend to take home, in the car,with no shops around, i had not much choice.
                  Only myself to blame.
                  At least you know you won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Or just filled the rest of the tank up to the brim with diesel.
                    Once did that with my old Xantia, realised what I'd done so managed tpo get to the next petrol staion & fill it up to the top with diesel, got it home, half drained tank & filled up with diesel again. Almost ran it dry put the other half back in & filled it up to the top again. Never had any problems, it just smoked a little bit but nothing to worry about.

Comment

I made the same mistake! i put £14 worth of unleaded into the surf and drove off without realising it! i managed to get 20 miles on it before it died! so i can only guess i had more diesel in my tank then i thought! it cost me £50 to get the surf towed back to a garage and then have the fuel drained and sorted! that was it! total cost for the whole thing was £50! £64 if you want to include fuel cost! i guess im a lucky bugger!

Comment

i know someone who did it on a landcruiser..... £70!!! of petrol, then the cost of the AA to fix (£180 i think) and then another £70!!! of diesel.#

OUCH
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

its when you put copious amounts of diesel into a petrol car that it gets expensive when it buggers the catalyst up. the amount of tank drains ive done over the last ten years!! £50 seems about right for normal cars but the surf has a drain plug on the tank that makes it easier...it shouldnt of taken more than an hour id say
                          DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Working...
                          X