Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance situation

Hi,
    I just called to get an insurance quote for my 91, 2.4td ln130, and for some reason it has 2.5 on the owners doc, so the woman from the insurance company said we don't list that we have that as a 2.4, I said I know its a 2.4 and I am no sure why it says 2.5 on the document, she refused to believe me that it really was a 2.4, and claims that as it says 2.5 on the document they won't insure it.
    I am not going mad am I it is a 2.4?
    And any advice on decent insurance companies, the one that refused was Hastings Direct.
    Cheers
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

best bet would be to get the V5 changed to 2.4...

and don't mention it when you phone for insurance....
    just call them back and say 2.4!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Pika1971
      And any advice on decent insurance companies, the one that refused was Hastings Direct.
      Cheers
      I'm with lifesure - very good.

The size is actually 2.446cc.

If you do the maths.........round up the last number = 2.45, round up the last number = 2.5, so technically she's right = she's a beach!
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Hi,
        I just called to get an insurance quote for my 91, 2.4td ln130, and for some reason it has 2.5 on the owners doc, so the woman from the insurance company said we don't list that we have that as a 2.4, I said I know its a 2.4 and I am no sure why it says 2.5 on the document, she refused to believe me that it really was a 2.4, and claims that as it says 2.5 on the document they won't insure it.
        Cheers
        I'm also with lifesure they are very good

Comment

Hi,
          Cheers
          Tesco on-line car insurance, has a drop down menu with the 2.4 listed.

Comment

Done an on-line application with lifesure, unfortunately they are not open Saturday afternoons.
            Will see what Tesco have to offer...
            Last edited by Pika1971; 21 October 2006, 17:25.
            Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

that time again

hi, well i`ve just had to insure my 3lt td ssr-g 96 again..did the usual..rang several companies and non could beat the one i`m with..(prestige).
              37yrs old..1 claim (last year) and a sp30 (2 yrs left grr)...quoted me £300..rang them back and said ok,they checked the details and it turned out that they quoted me for a 3ltr petrol not the deisel..corrected them and they said its now £275 to insure full comp...thanks very much..
              it also passed its mot with no problems...apart from the rear fog light ,which i broke off when i was off roading and forgot to repair...doh
              looking forward to my 2nd year as a surfer..hope it snows this xmas..can`t wait to get the rear end sliding again( surfs rear end ,not mine)
              cheers

Comment

Working...
              X