disengaging 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disengaging 4x4

hello men , sometimes my surf just wont disengage from 4x4 mode, any tips on how to get it out , like revving it or rocking , it feels like its gonna snap the shafts and diffs if i try to drive it , a thing i know about since joining here . ' transmission WIND - UP ' !!! just how long can it take to disengage just standing on idle ??? any help appreciated thanks.

I find backing off the gas and on again usually disengages ( AUTO TRANS) whilst moving.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

thanks mate . will give that a go next time it does it.

Comment

If the wheels aren't pointing 'straight ahead' then it can take a bit longer. Drive in a straight line slowly and they should disengage quicker. You can drive in a straight line in 4wd and all should be ok. However I usually switch out of 4wd whilst still on loose stuff to make sure, it takes a second or so to disengage then.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

once deselected, try reversing for a little while also!
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
            once deselected, try reversing for a little while also!
            found backing up a good solution to this problem before. don't think i've ever had trouble in the surf though, just other 4x4 pickups
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Also, check that the vacuum pipes to the ADD system aren't split/loose/perished.

Comment

Working...
              X