Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Numbers

Hi All

Can anyone let some light on this subject Iv just been informed by the new garage that new engine is in and my truck is fixed and puring like a kitten so i was in the best of moods. And then the garage turned around and aked why the engine numbers of the old engine had been ground off and left blank and that there was a swich just under the thermostat that did not work but had been araldioted to the egnine and could i get another to replace it alas he`s not to sure what the name of the swich is but it`s under the thurmostat next to a swich with a baonet fitting can anyone enlighton me as to what it is and what it is four.
    Oh one more thing if you should be in Ashington / Northumbria and be in need of a mechanic DO NOT GO TO C.L. MOTERS BEHIND STATION ROAD AS HE`S WORSE THAN NAFF. im of to see a solisitor on friday as iv had enough of this blokes bull to last me a life time. I would also like to thank every one at Engine Co for there help.

Cheers

Terry
    Last edited by celticwolf; 18 October 2006, 20:57.

Jeeze, thats hard to read, try again and we might be able to help...

1/ Its a dodgy motor

2/ Most likely to be the electric fan switch....

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=135&vid=948

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It's the temp switch for the front auxilliary rad fan.

Comment

where did you get your new engine??
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Tell me thats a spelling mistake PRICE £50.50
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Tell me thats a spelling mistake PRICE £50.50
            Nope, now you know why the clowns glued it back together.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Dont want to look on the black side of things mate, but... when I worked for the Old Bill...... ground off enigine numbers were a good indication that it was stolen. As I recall the number could still be read by the chaps at forensics by using some sort of X ray machine. As for the broken switch, could be the sensor that turns the electric fan on.

Spoggle

Comment

engine number

sorry guys its not the new engine thats been tamperd with but the old one.
                the new one is top form and is working like a dreem.
                i got that one from Engine Co.
                Sorry about the missunder standing.
                its the old knackerd one that a Mr Paul Lang had for 18 Month that is dodgy

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Nope, now you know why the clowns glued it back together.

Or one could just go Corolla delving at the scr@ppers. They use a similiar
                  switch.

Comment

engine

Alright Terry ? glad to hear your new engine's been fitted, as tony says the switch your'e describing is probably the electric radiator fan switch, you really must make sure its working properly,. if you give me a call i can give you the toyota part number so you can order one, we can discuss picking up the old unit at the same time, thanks once again for your business.
                    Cheers, Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X