serves me right..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serves me right..

some of you may have noticed my talent for scrounging...
    ian very kindly is letting me have his er 'project' motorbike. this makes him a very nice man.
    my sister very kindly was going to lend me a bike trailer to move it, but actually she has given me the trailer. bless her heart.
    now the trailer needs a few bit and pieces to make it a good one, so today i took a list to the trailer shop... 250 quid? having a laugh.. anyway they had a 2 bike trailer there that would be ideal cos i need to move a ride-on mower too. and it had a busted number plate light so i got a good deal on it.
    so i've spent a bleeding fortune today just because people have given me stuff!
    still, its a cracking trailer...
    it's in me shed, mate.

will it fit in ya shed tho? lol
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Scrounging

Hey Chillit,
      I have a 4.5HP Hayter lawnmower with a smokey engine, 35 metres of 75mm land-drain pipe, a 3-sided tool-shed with galvanised steel sides with a Corolux? roof and superb 10x6 shiplap shed to scrounge. The shed I will need some pennies for as only 2 years old.
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

now youll get his juices flowing!!!
        DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
          Hey Chillit,
          I have a 4.5HP Hayter lawnmower with a smokey engine, 35 metres of 75mm land-drain pipe, a 3-sided tool-shed with galvanised steel sides with a Corolux? roof and superb 10x6 shiplap shed to scrounge. The shed I will need some pennies for as only 2 years old.

All at the other end of the country again, dammit!

Comment

sorry i had to go for a quick lay down...
            the land drain would be ideal for me ferrets to play in...
            anyway i'm heading south this weekend not north!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chillitt]some of you may have noticed my talent for scrounging...
              QUOTE]

I had noticed but of course was far too polite to mention it until you did so yourself, but its crossed my mind more than once that you seem to be in first when anything free is offered

On the plus side you did offer to pick up and post something from somewhere in warwickshire for me if I had been lucky enough to get it on Ebay, ( which I wasnt) so although you are an inveterate and talented scrounger It doesnt make you a bad person.

Have you tried to get on Who Wants to be a millionaire ?. I reckon you could do OK with the fastest finger part. Come to think of it so could Bushwhacker.

Bogus
              Сви можемо

Comment

[QUOTE=Bogus]
                Originally posted by Chillitt
                some of you may have noticed my talent for scrounging...
                QUOTE]Have you tried to get on Who Wants to be a millionaire ?. I reckon you could do OK with the fastest finger part. Come to think of it so could Bushwhacker.

Bogus
                Yes Chillit would do well, Vince wouldn't, he would give them a link to the answer Mind you no one would beat him to it !

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i also take things out of skips.....
                  as for wwtbam, i don't think i'd be much cop- i get confused around money
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Quick draw Charlie Sorry your haveing to shell out so much to pick this bick up mate, hope your not dissapointed, it will suit an enthustiast and you'll need to be bl00dy enthustiactic, I'd better have a nice cup of tea ready for you to calm you down (or a drop of something stronger) See ya sunday
                    Ian
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

at least i dont have to spend every night this week doing pigeon $$$$ welding on the old trailer.. ian, i dont have your address! see you on sunday.(and dont leave anything shiny laying around in that garage!)
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                        i also take things out of skips.....
                        as for wwtbam, i don't think i'd be much cop- i get confused around money
                        thats what skips are for innit? Recycling depositaries.
                        Have you tried Freecycle Charlie?
                        http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom
                        looks like they have a group in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
                          Hey Chillit,
                          If they're still going free (in all senses ), then I'd take the mower, and maybe the pipe, but that'd depend on what lengths its in. Might have a hard time transporting a 35metre pipe.

You going to be coming up for the trip through Blackpool lights on the 29th? If not, then I may be heading down to Liverpool this weekend so I'll be heading near you anyway.
                          Paul </Slugsie>
                          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                            If they're still going free (in all senses ), then I'd take the mower, and maybe the pipe, but that'd depend on what lengths its in. Might have a hard time transporting a 35metre pipe.

You going to be coming up for the trip through Blackpool lights on the 29th? If not, then I may be heading down to Liverpool this weekend so I'll be heading near you anyway.
                            Yep, your in Paul. Thanks for offering to help me move this weekend! My partners pregnant, is a magpie for collecting stuff (distant relative of Chilitt?) and therefore I have hundreds and hundreds of boxes to load onto/into the surf and trailer.
                            No ,seriously, you can pop down anytime this weekend and just load the Hayter and drainage pipe. The pipe is a yellow plastic coil which will fit in the back fairly easily. Have you got a swampy garden? or do u also collect ferrets?
                            I`m trading garden for garage so will have limited space in our new place.
                            Tis` Teeghan`s birthday on 29th so not sure what we are up to yet. May come by myself to Blackpool.
                            cheers,
                            chris