rer door key switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rer door key switch.

Hi all. does anyone have a rear door key switch for a 91 ssr-x 2.4td. The window goes up with key but not down. Goes up and down ok with inside switch......Cheers

Before you go about sourcing a new key switch, I'd check that it's the key switch that is causing the problem. My 2.4 had exactly the same problem as yours, it would only go up with the key, not down. I used a multi-meter to check that the key switch was working just fine. The wire than runs to the control box (which is behind the panel on the left of the boot, just in front of the cubby hole) had a break in it, and that caused the problem. Again, this was confirmed with a multi-meter and a wiring diagram that was posted on this site somewhere. I ran a new wire in parallel, and it's worked 100% ever since.

It's also possible that one of the relays in the control box is buggered, but let's confirm the cheap and easy stuff first.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

cheers slugsie. will have a bash at it tomorrow. spent most of the day monkying about with it to no avail....would help if i new what i was doing..:

Comment

Working...
      X